cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSMP doubt: Auto-Approve field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have a doubt regarding transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE. If i access to see the stages of my path:

Then in the stage itself i see a button called Auto-Approve. Please see image below:

• What is the purpose of this? Auto-Approve this stage without any action from the Manager/Role owner (Agent).
    • Do someone has further information?

Kind regards and thank you.

Sara.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

japneet_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sara,

This functionality does not work as the Tcode GRFNMW_CONFIGURE is now obsolete. This is documented in the note 1739043 but unfortunately this note is not released for customer.

Thanks & Regards
Japneet Singh 

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Japneet

Is the transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE going to be removed? I only ask as you said obsolete. It is a good transaction to use when having issues with MSMP screen flows in the webdynpro. Ofcourse, you need to know what you are doing so you don't corrupt your build

Regards

Colleen

japneet_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

The TCode GRFNMW_CONFIGURE will not be removed.

BR, Japneet 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Japneet, Collen.

I understand that is obsolete but is this field Auto-approve working? If not, don't you consider could be a good idea to have this button in order to autoapprove stages?

I don't know how to get this "autoapprove" behaviour into the MSMP process so i consider a good point if i have something like this field.

Sara.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

I have tried enabling the check-box Auto-Approve for one of the stage in our workflow path using GRFNMW_CONFIGURE and tested my workflow. I can see that stage is not getting auto approved even though I have checkbox checked.

I assume that this button currently has no functionality available and best thing you can do is raising it to SAP and check with them the purpose of having this button and since not working get this functionality enabled depending on the details they provide.

Regards,

Madhu.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara

Auto approve is achieved by routing an item down a path with no stages. No Stage = No Agent = No Approval necessary.

What we are really missing is an auto-reject scenario

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collen.

Understood, however i have the following requirement:

• An Access Request is sent to an approver (i.e. the role owner) if the role owner does not approve/rejects the access request in a period of 5-6 days then the access request has to be approved/rejected.

As we don't have an auto-approval/auto-rejection, to get this requirement i am considering to escalate the Access Request after the period of time mentioned above, however the escalation functionality does not allow me to escalate the access request to another path with no stages for auto-approval. And/Or if i need to auto-reject the access request i don't know how to perform it.

Sara.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara

For auto reject - you could schedule the MSMP Instance Cancel program (Stale Batch - can't remember it off the top of my head). It's an SE38 program.

For your auto-approve scenario that doesn't make sense. You are basically saying, approval is important but if someone doesn't get round to it then have the access without approval. I can see why MSMP would prevent you from using escalation to a path with no agent. Either, the Approver needs to be pulled aside and reminded of his/her responsibility in actioning approvals; escalate to another agent/Admin team; or you don't actually need approval in the first place.

Waiting 5 days and then approving something just does not make sense from a risk point of view (has the access risk changed in a 5 day period) or from a customer service point of view (as a user I would be confused as to why I have to wait 5 days for access to automatically receive access but prior to that someone must review).

A large part of escalation is embedding process so that Managers actually do their job and don't rely on the system 100% for the. You'll end up risking managers pressing approve without making any effort to understand what they just approved.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collen.

Agree with your comments regarding the approval process, i was just trying to ask how could i auto-approve a request with an approver in the middle.

Regarding the auto-rejextion, few questions:

• I assume the program you.mention has to be runned manually and on demand correct?
  • Can i reject the access request partially? That means can i reject only an specific role which has not been approved/rejdcted by the role owner within these 5 days i mentioned. Then the rest of the access request (others roles sent to be approved by other role owners) can be moved forward.

Kind regards and really appreciate your advises.

Sara.

former_member204479
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sara

The program is GRFNMW_BATCH_STALE_REQUEST. You can schedule a background job to run daily and specify the days in the variant. The program will cancel requests that are pending for more than the specified days in the variant.

No, you will not be able to reject partially. The entire request will be cancelled by this program

Thanks

Sammukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammuukh, Collen.

So based on your comments i am considering the following approach. For each role i will include an alternate approver. This alternate approver will be the Administrators and then for the next requirement and scenario:

Requirement: After 5 days of no role owner response the Access Request is rejected partially (only for this especific role).

Scenario simulation: One Access request - two roles assigned and two different role owners (A and B):

- IF role owner A approves their access request

- and role owner B approver DOES not approve their access request

- THEN the Access Request for the second Role Owner will be escalated after 5 days to an Admin which will reject partially this role assignment.

What do you think? I include a manual action (the admin action) however i cover the requirement 100% for a partially role Rejection after 5 days no response.

Sara.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah

It would be interesting to see how it goes. Your other consideration, if it goes to the Administrator - allow them to route it back to the Approver. You might find some "training" of the Approver's is necessary to get them to respond to their work items.

Regards

Colleen

Answers (0)