cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM MIC Query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to carry forward result/value  of one characteristics to the next inspection lot in QM. Like through DMR characteristics can be skipped to any number of lots. Similarly is it possible to do the same but with values recorded in the specific characteristics.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search in the future!!!

As you can see from replies, there were plenty of previous threads and documents on this topic.

You were lucky this thread wasn't reported by some one for abuse and violating the site policies.

Now make sure you don't violate another site policy by making sure you now close it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for all the documents provided. I am yet to check and test the info provided in the documents. As soon as I complete the same, I will share my experience with you all.

Regards,

Rahul.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

We have not received your feedback, if your issue got fixed or not.

One last input here. In case if the proposed configuration node "Make Settings for Copy of Inspection results" is missing in your list of Configurations, then please check the component ECC release and Service Pack activated in your system. Recently I observed that ECC 606, Component SAP_APPL, SP-Level 0011 did not had this node activated in package SAPKH60611 and it may need some business function activation to have it back. This was not the case with SP-Level 0009. In such a scenario, please double check with your Basis team for further help.

Thanks,

Arijit

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Anand has already has provided you the correct feedback which you should look into and confirm. I am not sure if you are looking for any specific open questions here.

I have goggled and understand that there is lot of materials available on this topic. To name a few, please can you go through the below list -

1. Anand's feedback link . This is a good document you should double check!!

3. Copy Inspection Results - Inspection Lot Creation - SAP Library

6. (This threads speaks about technical ways to get this issue fixed.)

Please can you model your test case in sandbox as explained above for two cases -

a) For example, when inspection lot of type 04 is result recorded, if the results are copied ONLY FORM LATEST PREVIOUS 04 Inspection lots 1:1?

b) During result recording, it also consider other inspection lot origins too? For example, when you are recording results for 04 inspection lots, it is copying the latest result form 89 inspection lot for the same material+ Plant combination, if that is the latest inspection lot.

I think, in case you get answer for b) as "YES", then you need to decide if this is going to work for your business case or not. If it works, then no worries, you can close this thread. If you are having some other specific and associated requirements, like only "Reject" value managed MIC results needed to be copied, or otherwise, or some other business logic, then you may also check of using a custom FM and linked with 'Formula Parameter' and link it with your new MIC for the results to flow. Below is the config path for it -

Quality Management => Quality Inspection => Results Recording => Define Parameters for Calculated Characteristics => Define Parameters for Calculated Characteristic

The specialty for this custom FM link to formula parameter can be like it can search the previous inspection lots based on your given criteria (like insp type 89, 01, 04, etc, plant XXXX, result valuation as "Reject" or "Accept" etc) and then that business specific results with logic can be migrated here to the new inspection lots!! At times, this option can be helpful to address some very specific requirements.

Please check and feedback.

Thanks,

Arijit

aniket_gautam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say you want to copy the result of one lot to other lot? if so you can

achieve this using copy inspecton lot function in inspection plan.

Thanx

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos