Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object assignment in Engineering Record-SAP PLM 7.02

former_member223190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can we assign a object say Material to Multiple ER's.

As per my knowledge it cannot,  but I am not sure about this.

Thanks & Regards

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for sure you can. You can configure this behavior (error vs warning or other message), in BADI /PLMI/ES_CREATE_ECN as far as I can judge.

Ulf.

0 Kudos

Hi Ulf;

We (at WEG) had tried to use this BADI, without success; anyway, we found another configuration possibilty at SPRO:

Logistics - General

Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)

PLM Web User Interface

Objects in PLM Web UI

Engineering Record

Make Settings for Engineering Records

Message type  (to Engineering Record Type).

We defined the message type as E, and now, when we try to create a new ER with any material which already exists inside another ER created before, the system shows an error and avoid to create a new ER.

Is there any problem with this customization? Or is it really necessary to use the bapi above to solve the problem?

Hugs,

Flavio Bernardes.

SAP System Analyst, at WEG Group.

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Flavio ,

/PLMI/ES_CREATE_ECN is the enhancement implementation which handles the BADI implementation of change number handling . So if you set the message type as 'E' like you did just now , this class /PLMI/ES_CREATE_ECN implementation is called and you get an error message .

Please note that the customizing which you have done is read in this class implementation so the customization and the BADI implementation are co-related to each other and not two separate ways .

If you still want you own of handling the change number creation logic , you can create own implementation and active it and deactivate the default implementation .

Hope this gives you some clarity .

Thanks ,

Abhishek.