cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about EDIFACT to IDOC interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

I experts,

I'm trying to develop a file EDIFACT (ORDRSP) to IDOC interface with PI 7.0, but I'm facing several problems because PI seems to have problems in working with EDIFACT structures (for example, problems with multiple separators and nested segments).

My question is:

If I change developing and I create a file EDIFACT to proxy interface, then from ABAP Proxy is possible to generate the IDOC?

My idea is to transfer the EDIFACT to Proxy without any conversion, and then create the IDOC with proxy.

Is possible?

Thanks

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fabio,

Surely you can generate the IDOC in proxy,you can use FM MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE.

Regards

Naveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

most EDI-formats are rather complex (EDIFACT, Tradacoms ANSI X12...) as these message-descriptions are often very big with including many conditional fields and segments.

Also they require certain rules that need to be applied with different separators...in order to be able to process such a file correctly.

And as these syntax rules are usually very complex, there are specific EDI-Tools (like the Seeburger EDI-Adapters or the B2B AddOn) developed for PI/PO.

Depending on the business-case and the required information for this cases, the segments that are actually transmitted can also differ...

Therefor, I would rather suggest to use a tool that is designed to work with EDIFACT-messages than developing something from beginning...

Kind Regards

Stefan