Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD/PS Discussion

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Sunil Yadav

Sunil ,

My discussion question was removed, so I had to start another one.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. As I mentioned in my initial message, I have completed all the set up for creating project including the
areas that you recommended that I check. These area are set up correctly, otherwise, I would not have been able to create the network. I am missing
something that links the network to the WBS. I create std project def and standard WBS, linked it to the network using CN08, but project is not getting created.

Any other recommendations on this areas to check would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shirley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

please check which strategy you are using (i think you are using 83 strategy) in MM02 MRP3 tab and also

Check Assignment of Strategy Group to MRP Group.

you need to link std wbs and networks to Material using CN08.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I really need MRP group assigned to material if I have strategy group assigned to the material?  I am using strategy group 85 (Requirement type ZMNP, which is linked to Requirement class Z02, which shows the network order type of ZS04 and other details).  If these set ups were missing the network would not get created, which it is.  Network is created, but project is not.

WBS, network and material are linked using CN08.

Thanks

Shirley

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

Please check below screen

you are using ZMNP which i think is copy of KMNP which is assigned to 202 (Z02 in your system)

this is wrong assignment. this will not get trigger to create project.

as per standard system please check below settings:

Strategy should be 85

requirement type=KMPN

requirement class=212(Netplan/proj.settlmt)

item category, MRP type combination should be assigned to req type-KMPN

please check your settings as your system has custom settings. so check with above standard settings.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Yes. We do have custom settings that are a copy of standard del SAP.  However, the custom setting yields the same results.  Nevertheless, I did make the changes you suggested and I got the same results.  Network created, but not project.

I will continue to research this issue.

Thanks

Shirley

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope the following information is helpful.  Instead of using strategy group 85, on the material, I used strategy group 21.  I recommend copying strategy group 21 and requirement class 80 if custom settings are needed, which in my case I needed to add custom network type ZS04 to requirement class 80.

After making the above mentioned changes, project was successfully created from sales order.

Strategy Groups

SAP has predefined strategy group 21 (with strategy 21) for the link between sales
documents and projects.

Notes:  If you do not maintain the strategy group for the material in the sales and
distribution document item, you cannot assign that item to a WBS element.

Alternatively, you can assign the strategy group to a material using MRP group 0021 (also
predefined).

Requirements Classes

SAP has predefined requirements class 80 with account assignment category D
(assignment to WBS element) for the link between projects and sales and
distribution documents. Requirements class 80 is assigned to strategy 21 using
requirements type KP (also predefined).

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

you are processing Make to Order Scenario instead of Assembly Process.

thanks

Sunil

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.