cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager - Error Connecting to Source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAP MDM 5.5 SP04 on Windows 2003 and MDM Oracle Database on Solaris 5.10.

When using import manager from my desktop, i am unable to connect to source. It says "<i>Unable to connect to source</i>".

But when i take remote connection of MDM Server, and run import manager from there i can connect to the source.

Someone pls help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chintan Sheth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan

When you start the Import Manager, it presents 2 windows to you. The first window is the connection to the repository. The second window is the conncetion to the source (where you want to import data from.)

I assume the failure you're getting is at the second window (otherwise you'd be getting "<i>Error Connecting to Repository</i>".

Where are you wanting to import data from? If it's from a database, you will need to A) have the database client installed on your desktop and B) configure a connection to the database server.

It is your desktop that is establishing the connection to the source, not the MDM server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Yes, am facing the problem in second window.

I am importing data from Oracle database. I will install the ORACLE client on my desktop and check the same. But this means that everyone using Import Manager will have to install oracle client on their desktops. Is it so?

Well i will try that and let you know.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Chintan Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is so if they want to use the Import Manager from their desktops.

An alternative is to install the Oracle client and Import Manager on a shared server running Windows Terminal Services. Users can then connect to the the WTS box and use the Import Manager from there.

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yet to check

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the Oracle software and thus solved the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Kindly clarify me the following questions:

1. Are you installed all the components of MDM5.5 SP04 (like Import manager, Data manager and so) on Win 2003 and Database (Oracle) in a <u>Same machine or different machine</u> ??

2. you are getting the issue "Unable to connect to source" , when you are trying to connect to the Database exist in the same or Different machine???

reply me when you find a time...

cheers

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I have installed MDM Server on Win 2003 and ORACLE database for MDM on other host which is Solaris 5.10. All the components have been installed.

When using import manager from the MDM Server (host where MDM Server is installed), i can connect to my repository.

But in case to work on other machines, i can load all repositories well using the console; whereas i cannot connect to it using Import Manager showing error "<i>Unable to Connect to Source</i>"; from other machines.

The details i give in both the case are same.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Chintan Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Could you please try this scenario both MDM server and Database should exist in one machine... and rest of all the components from the other machine and try to connect ur dtabase thru MDm server....

hope this might solve your problem...

cheeers

Alexander

P.S. Kindly reward the points if found problem solved...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer forum.

Thanks,

Arun prabhu S