cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude certicate mangment for a vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru

We use a small part of QM in my company. We use quality certificates in procurment and inspection lot. For some material we have several vendors including other plant of the company. We would like to exclude these vendor of the certificate managment for some material but not of inspection lot.

Someone could explain me how could I do it ?

Best regards

Bruno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

Please can you explore your business process based on the below points -

a) Please confirm, how is the external quality certificate is processed for your plant. I mean, if your plant just stores the external QC in their database for information purpose but inspect the inbound material in-house themselves OR based on the inspection results provided in external QC by vendors, there should be some influence (partial / full) in the result recording in the inbound inspection lot?

b) Do you wish to have any preference while inspection plan is assigned for your to-be inspection lots, based on vendor's results? or?

c) Do you need to have certificate status management (Ex; CROK, etc) active at inspection plan status level? or?

d) Are you going to receive the QC during Goods Receipts or PurOrd or you get the QC through ASN or emails, etc prior to GR?

e) Do you have PurOrd/SchAgr with one line item/more line item for same material? or?

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit

this is my answer to your questions :

a) we just store the QC

b) no special wishes

c) no status managment

d) priority to GR but we receive it somes times by email after the GR

e) same material have only one line in the purchase order.

Bye

Bruno

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

I feel using SAP QM in Procurement with certificate processing might not be that relevant to your business case and to keep it simple this part can be handled outside SAP.

As you are not trying to achieve any special processing, link to either status management, or inspection plan assignment, or result recording, or result value updation, etc. so you can just save the incoming QC in a separate folder with the nomenclature as YYYY_PurOrd#_Item No, and keep on creating inspection lots with inspection type "01" for all vendors/materials for all combination.

Please check and confirm.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards

Bruno

Answers (0)