cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg-Proforma invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

For One delivery document system allows to create more than one Proforma invoice.

but my client wants system should allow only one Proforma Invoice. So is it possible ? How to restrict 2nd profroma?

thanks in advance

Rajendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI rajendra Prasad,

I have one suggestion:

Instead of using Proforma why not use a standard Billing TYpe and in Billing type config, Tick the posting Block so that data will not flow to accounts.

The main difference between proforma and other billing types is that in proforma data will not flow to accounts and other billing types data will flow to accounts. So configure to use other billing type and restrict the data from flowing to accounts.

Proforma Billing types are basically used to issue multiple invoices to customer and this can be done as no data is flowing to accounts. If y ou want to control this this can be done thr copy control so that system will allow you to create only one invoice only.

IN copy control from LF-F8 (VTFL) use header Copying requirements as 003 (instead of 009) and item as 004 (instead of 010). this should solve the problem.

Reward if it helps

Regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case,the only solution i think is modify the copy controls from LF - F8 type at the header level. The system will use copying requirements 009-DeliveryRel.Prof.Inv.Hdr. Here The system will check if any block is there at the header level of the proforma. So extend this to check the document flow VBFA table,for the delivery document if any invoice type F8 is created if not then the system has to create else it has to exist. This is the only solution for this requirement.

Please reward if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All pls Understand Rajendras Qustion .. he is not asking about output types / Printing etc when a STO is happened client wants to Print that (STO -Invoice) for that we used Proforma .. but since Proforma will allow to create as many Invoices with reff to one <u>Delivery / Order documents</u> we want to Restrict that entries as when Billing document is created with reff to a Delivery then system should stop us to create one billing with reff to that delivery like normal Billing .. we tried with copy control settings also but system is not responding .. if any one can help us out this issue.

regards

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I assume you might have to modify the copy control routine at header level in the LF- F5 copy controls. You need to modify in such a way that as soon as the document flow is updated with a proforma invoice, code should not allow the creation of another proforma.

Hope this helps,

Thanks & regards,

CLN

javed_ihsan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In transaction V/40 for your output type for proforma invoice, you can configure not to send multiple documents to the same partner by using the option "Multiple Issuing". Also you can cotrol this by the program assigned to your output type.

Hope this will help to solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem is not issuing output , system is allowing creating more than one proforma invoices.so i w ant to restricct 2nd proforma invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As above,you cannot restrict by hard-coding how many invoices or at what number of the invoices,the system should stop printing output. The process for this as follows,

As you are trying proforma for delivery related so the invoice type is F8 and the output type used for processing this invoice is ZRD0,so in the t-code V/40,output type ZRD0,in the general data tab,uncheck the check boxes of multiple issuing(because of this more than one invoice is generated) and cannot be changed check box(this is used for Indicating whether the output may be changed manually during processing).

Please reward if this helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

My issue in not regarding Outputs/ Printing For example there is a Delivery document 8000011.For this doc 1st i created a proforma invoice(F8) 9000011, by using above same delivery doc if try to create one more Proforma invoice system has genarated another billing document 9000012. like this it is allowing n number of invoices. but business requirement is system should allow only once.

Is it possible ?

Thanks & Reagrds

Rajendra