Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Quant against single batch

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per our business scenario stock gets transferred from multiple batches to single batch against same special stock number, same stock category,same storage bin in warehouse and same plant. Usually a single Quant is generated for above scenario, but in one particular case multiple Quants has been generated during transfer posting and business is agreeing to that.

I have attaches the screen shot for the 2 Quants.

Let me know why this happened and how to avoid these.

Thanks & regards,

Mukesh Ray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your query is not very clear, also the screenshot is missing

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

As per my understanding if stock is posted to any batch from N number of batches it's quant should remain same when from destination details remains same, But as per screen shot all the header data are same still system generated 2 quant for the same batch. This is the first time we have faced issue like this.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As  a basic Wm rule any movement of data within WM generates  NEW Quant... in  you case i can see that you received the first quant against GR number  5004838495 and second Quant against GR number 5004838415

Also this depend on the putaway strategy if your putaway strategy is Addition to existing stock then if all the destination parameter is same then system will add the quantity in the existing quant

in you case check the puaway strategy

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi manish,

As per my put away strategy stock is added to existing quant. The GR number and the inspection lot number are updated from batches from which stock has been transferred to this batch 3404949AI0.

Message was edited by: mukesh ray