cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows server 2003 standard edition-vmware workstation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I run my SAP ECC6 through vmware work station and since yesterday when i am logging on to vmware workstation and clicking on "power on this virtual machine icon" it is giving me the following error message....

Not enough physical memory is available to power on this virtual machine with its configured settings.

To fix this problem, increase the amount of physical memory for all virtual machines to 1343 MB or adjust the additional memory settings to allow more virtual machine memory to be swapped.

It is possible that native applications and/or services have locked down memory which could be preventing the virtual machine from launching. Shutting down unnecessary applications or services may free enough memory to launch this virtual machine.

If you were able to power on this virtual machine on this host computer in the past, try rebooting the host computer. Rebooting may allow you to use slightly more host memory to run virtual machines.

Solutions i have tried are... In edit virtual machine settings i have configured the physical memory size to 1343 mb.. but it did not work... I also tried rebooting computer which did not work either...

Any feedback on how to fix this issue would be really appreciated!

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This isn't a SAPgui question, so you've posted in the wrong space. Actually this isn't really an SAP question at all, but rather a VMware question.

The error message gives you all the information you need to solve the problem. Either you need to reduce the amount of RAM used by services on the host machine, reduce the amount needed by the guest, or increase the amount of physical RAM available in your PC. Which of those will work for you depends on your local setup. But you need to do one of them...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve...

Amit

Answers (0)