cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR should generate in the first day of the week

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In product planning table (/SAPAPO/PPT1) in APO, against requirement PR (Purchase requisition) for externally procured material is created on weekly basis. The view is weekly.

In ECC the delivery/ requirement dats of the component is coming in last day of the week for the PR.

The requirement is to get the requirement/ delivery date of the PR in the first day of the week.

We are usining standard lot size (EX).

I tried with weekly lot size with delivery/ requirement on first half of the period (week). But this is not working.

How to achieve the same?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Surajit Das

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

Did you try Period factor in the material master?

Use factor 0.1 to create P.Req at the beginning of the week. Hit F1 to see how to use period factor!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

I maintained period factor as 0.100 and 0.150. In both the case, the requirement date of the PR is coming as last day of the week and not forst day. I even ticked the check box use period factor.

The lot size used is weekly with requirement at the start of the week.

Let me know what still I am missing.

Thanks & Regards,

Surajit Das

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit Das,

Try by maintaining a planning calendar in APO and in ECC.

This way you will be able to control the date of the PR.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

I maintained planning calendar with only one day week start (1- Monday) in both ECC and APO. Assigned the same to the material both in ECC ad in APO. Maintained lot size PK (Period lot size acc. to plng calendar), but still I am getting the PR requirement at the end of the week and not at the first day of the week (Monday, as set in the planning calendar).

Do I need to maintain the planning calendar for all the day of the week? What else I am missing?

Regards,

Surajit Das

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

This is weird, can you share your RRP3 and MD04?

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

In RRP3,

PR created in WK 13. WK starts on 23.03.2015. But requirement date of the PR is on 29.03.2015.

IN MD04 also, the requirement date of the PR is on 29.03.2015.

PR is created via product planning table (PPT1). The display of PPT1 is weekly.

Busines requirement is to get the PR requirement date on first day of the wk i.e. 23.03.2015.

Settings:

Lotsize PK used (Lot size depending on planning calendar).

Planning calendar has only one weekday, that is on Monday.

Planning calendar assigned on both ECC and APO.

Use period factor checkbox is checked.

Period factor used is 0.100.

Please sugest, still what I am mssing. What need to be correct to achieve the business requirement.

Regards,

Surajit Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Surajit,

In PPT1 at strategy profile level check the planning direction option. Try with planning direction forward.

Also, just for test, try to create in SNP Planning book a plan order and then check the start/end dates.

Thanks, Marius

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit

Did you check what tht period work factor is in transportation lane? Check if it is blank or 0. Also per my knowledge, you may just set the period work factor to simply 0 for beginning of the week, don't need that 0.1..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

This is externally procured material. So in transportation location which will be source loacation? I am generating PR first.

Or in which table I can check transportation lane?

In transaction /N/SAPAPO/SCC_TL1, I am not sure what will be my start location. Destination will be my plant, but not sure about the start locaion.

Regards,

Surajit Das

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you try with forward scheduling?

If you want to backward scheduling set the field MOD06 of the table /sapapo/pptmod to 'X'.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

backward scheduling scenarios with MOD06 is documented in OSS note 429465 but its validity is restricted to 3.0A...any experience in an SCM 7.0 EhP3 context?

I am actually looking for a solution to schedule planned orders manually created with an end date = first day of a weekly bucket in PPT1

Best Regards,

Chris