cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we send raw data through SAP PI (proxy to soap interface.....)

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement to our client, we have to send data from Proxy to Soap,

but our client requirement is to transfer data to soap not in a xml format they want to send soap application to flat file data or rawdata.

is there any possiblity?

i know we can transfer xi can capable to transfer xml or flat file data.

but from the receiver(SOAP Web application) end can we send raw data?

Regards,
Kiran Polani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

Yes, it is possible using pass-through scenario. Create ESR objects (no mapping, do not select mapping in interface determination). If input payload is text, then payload size will be less (compared to XML payload).

How big is the XML version of payload?

ESR objects (no mapping)  Dynamic file name for pass-through scenario - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes we can. Send data as attachments. And for main payload use some xml structure with one root node with one field and it is mandatory to have a service interface with this structure in order to generate abap proxies.

And ignore main payload at target SOAP application

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Why this requirement is the client thinking xml consuming hight memory for that they want to decrease those xml payload size, few interfaces is having 250 to 300 records. it consumes larger me mory space but for enhasing or decresing the payload memory size they want alternative.

frequency of the interfaces load is high.

i am asking you to is there any alternative way to send data to soap (java/.net application), the data should pass only 1 interface not more than multiple.

// if i am using FTP or SMTP Receiver again i have to send those file to third party application.

Please suggest any alternative way for this...

Regards,

Kiran Polani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I do not think it will be possible. Data should be as SOAP WSDL schema , I am not sure how the third party is thinking of consuming the data in raw format using web services.

Alternatively you can use FTP of SFTP adapters for your requirement.

Thanks.