cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WorkManager 6.2 Timezone Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, We have WM6.2 running on SMP 3.0.

When I try to confirm time against an order I get the the message shown below that the actual date is in the future.

Our servers are in Malaysia, and I am testing from Australia, so I am 3 hours ahead of the server.

(I am using the Windows WPF client to test.)

In the SMP, I have made the following entry for the App that I am connecting to (I have restarted SMP), but no change:

(UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney=AUS Eastern Standard Time

I understand the time zone aliases needs to be maintained as key=value, where key is the time zone name of client, but I am clearly getting it wrong.

What should the correct format be?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

• What is a timezone of your SAP ECC system?
  • What is a timezone of your SMP server? What is a version of SMP server.I believe it would be 3.0 because WM 6.2 supports 3.0.
  • What is a timezone of your iPad?

I would suggest you to check below settings in your Agentry.ini

[Java-1] Section

timeZoneName=SAP ECC system timezone name

As your client and server timezone are different so you also need to set [TimeZoneAlias] in Agentry.ini

[TimeZoneAlias]

client time zone name=server time zone name.

The time zone name value must match the time zone value on the OS of the SAP server

exactly. The time zone setting can be found in the SAP sever’s registry setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones

I would suggest you to go through below link for more details.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMOB/Set+Up+Time+Zone+Alias+in+Agentry.ini+Configuration+File

You can also go through Note.2069376. This note was released for Work Manager 6.0, hence don't know whether this note is still applicable for Work Manager 6.2 or not but you can cross check it,

Regards,

Kaivan Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, the "client time zone" section should match the timezone the is showing in the Agentry's Event.log file when the user starts his transmit.  If the log file doesn't come put with a line like "Cannot file timezone XXXXXXXXXXXXX in Time Zone Alias section"  The XXXXXXXXXXX is the "client time zone"  you would need to put on the left side of the TimeZoneAlias section.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, I can see the problem in Events.log:

Client Time Zone 'AUS Eastern Summer Time' alias was not found in TimeZoneAliases in Agentry.ini

Client Time Zone 'AUS Eastern Summer Time' is not recognized and no alias was found in TimeZoneAliases in Agentry.ini

Can I update these in Time Zone Alias section in the SMP web front-end or should I update the agentry.ini & re-deploy the application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to update the cockpit.  You may need to restart the application to take affect.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen,

After updating the timezone in the cockpit and restarting the SMP, no entries can be see in the agentry.ini file.

Our Basis team says that SMP 3.0 does not use the Agentry.ini file anymore for Agentry applications. Is this correct or should we update the Agentry file in the zip file and re-deploy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agentry Production Application logic on the SMP Server doesn't have an Agentry.ini file it is now built into the Cockpit as it is saved in the database file.  You can always make changes to to the Cockpit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen, it is working well now.

I think my formatting of the TimeZones was preciously not correct either.

Answers (0)