cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to drag a popup window ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to drag a popup window any where..

window.setWindowPosition(100, 100);

window.setWindowSize(800, 600);

I know about the above but looking for <b>dragable</b> feature!

Regards, Amol Bharti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay i understand that Dragging of popup window is not possible but is there any way to open a View in a new window on a click of a link ?

Thanks for your replies,

Amol

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Yes you can open a view in a new window using modal windows.

Refer to this link <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/42af9f90-0201-0010-6099-ba67e5426bdf">Link</a> for learning pop-ups in WD

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

I am talking about a View to open in a New Browser Window and not in a popup.

Regards, Amol

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Then I guess you can use external window and use URL as the application URL for the window.

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but in this case i have to create 13 different components (13 applications) in one DC. Do you think it makes sence ?

I have to create 11 reports and 2 components in one DC, and i want to show multiple reports in different popups at one time. that's why i was looking for dragable popup functionality.

As dragability is not possible, then i thought of opening different Views in New browser windows. Now if it is also not possible and the above suggested way is the only way out then i would like to report this to NWDS Team.

Still any suggestions ?

Regards, Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also use one application and an URL parameter for selecting the specific view that should be displayed, no need for separate applications.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

You can do one thing for this issue.

Create 11 applications for your 11 reports in single DC with single component.

For each report create seperate window under windows node. Embed requried views in these windows. for each window, there will be one interface View.

Now, at the time of creating applications in same DC, it will ask for interface view and inbound plug. Here, choose respective inteface view(In turn respective window) for each application.

Now , use this application link to show reports in external window.

Let me know if you find any problems in this solution.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Yes this is a good idea.

Problem Solved !

Regards, Amol

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I suggested you the same to have different applications and call them accordingly in new window.

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another Problem.

Can i open a new window using a button ? I know we can open a popup but if it is possible to open a new window please let me know the idea.

Regards, Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Here, new window means, new browser with your application link, right?

For that, you can use External Window. This is available in the same tutorial.

It will open in another browser.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Yes, a new browser window.

Which tutorial are you talking about ?

okay let me do this with External Window.

Regards, Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Use following tutorial:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f1cfe990-0201-0010-22ac-dbe4cbdef5... [original link is broken]

In this, follow steps for external Window.

Regards,

Bhavik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I opened this thread again, however i found the solution for my previous problem but here is th enext one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

Dargging is not supported by current WD HTML client.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not possible to drag a pop-up window if it is a modal window. If you've created the pop-up using <i>createModalWindow()</i>, then you cannot drag-drop this window.

But if you're creating the pop-up as a non-modal external window, then it's possible to drag-drop this window.

Regards,

Satyajit.