Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPF client showing improper screen - Agentry_7.0.3.711_ClientDotNET.exe

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SMP 3.0 SP04 and Service Manager application 4.1 . We are running our application in Windows 8 tablet and the screen in the tablet does not show the application screen clearly.

The tablet configuration.

WPF screen

if anyone has worked on a similar tablet configuration, please share which WPF client is compatible and will show the proper screen.

Also please note that we recently moved from SP03 to SP04 but the WPF is still from the Agentry tool kit of SP03.

Can this be the issue and do I need to update the Agentry tool kit too?

Please advice

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neha,

If you are using SP04 server you should be using a WPF client from SDK SP05 or higher.  Either way you should probably also test with the latest version SDK SP06 PL02 which will have all the latest fixes to the WPF client.

The reason for the problem is the resolution of the device.  What resolution are you running?  You may need to look at creating a new version of the detail screen targeting the resolution you are running and adjust the number of rows / styles and fonts accordingly.

The WPF client does not support scrolling in a detail pane.  As a result the display will shrink the row heights to accommodate the defined number of rows.  As an alternative you can create a secondary Detail tab and move some of the rows to a new tab to decrease the number of rows which will increase the row height.

--Bill

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill,

I will check with the higher SDK If it works fine, If not then shall follow your suggestion to create a new details screen to fit in the laptop.

Thanks and Regards

Neha

Answers (0)