cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling Empty View using sender JDBC channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

we have a requirement on polling DB2 Database View using JDBC sender .Its working fine when polling the View with data .

However when the view is empty , the channel is polling but there is no Messageid generated in the communication channel and everything is at a stall.

Checking if there is any connection parameter for DB2 or is there some way to query the DB.

Please can you give me some inputs ?

-Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try setting the advanced mode parameter in Sender channel as  emptyResult - true

1698741 - PI Message created although empty resultset is returned

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1827939

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhusree,

If your sender channel stops to poll, the available workarounds are the mentioned by Mutti in the communication channel monitoring or to copy the sender channel and link this with the sender agreement, deactivating the old one.

If you channel is dealing with big files, may be you can have a memory issue, also you can trigger an alert if you channel stops and in this way you don't need to be all time checking the channel, check this note 1808222 - Trigger alerts if channel stops polling

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

JDBC communication channel running in  cluster nodes then you try stopping the channel and again restart, And also check the DB  sever side user status.

Mutti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mutti,

I am sorry i didnt give the right picture.

My CC polling status is green.

I want to create an empty file on the target end , if my view is empty .

i.e. my JDBC sender channel should create an empty payload with header line and give it to the pipeline. This is not happening , Its polling the DB2 and that it no Message ID is created.

Thanks !

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

If your JDBC channel polls empty(no Message ID) you need to create the file with no data?

in this case how will you make the interface triggered i dont think this would be possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

got an idea..Hope you can create an additional flag field in DB and try to fetch the header and the handle to send the empty file in mapping.

Regards,

Naveen

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Did you check it directly in the DB? if it is not able to give you result in DB obviously the message id would not generate in SAP PI.

Regards,

Naveen.