cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom UIBB for Cost Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to add a custom field as a custom FORM UIBB to the part of existing Cost Center UIBBs. I have created a custom uibb using the customizing and it is working fine. Now, i would like to add few validations for this custom uibb created.

The actual requirement is that this custom UIBB to be visible based on company code validation against a master table. if the company code is not valid, then this custom UIBB is to be invisible. The company code is present in the configuration MDGF_0G_CCTR.

So, to do validations for the custom UIBB that I have created, I have created a BADI implementation for the badi USMD_UI_EVENT2 with a filter criteria as UICONFIGURATION = MDGF_0G_CCTR, so that I could perform validations at Company code level and make the custom UIBB as a dynamic entry. But, this BADI implementation is not being triggered at all.

Could you please let me know if i have missed any thing here.

Thanks

Sapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please make yourself familiar with the additional documents for MDG-F 7.0: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858

Furthermore I'm now closing this thread since the same topic is already discussed in http://scn.sap.com/thread/3698565, too. Do not open multiple threads for the same questions.

Best regards

Michael

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

in MDG 7.0 the BAdI is not supported anymore. Related code has to be implemented in the feeder class of the UIBBs.

Your requirement can be achieved via context based adaptations. Steps are (roughly):

- enhance the SAP predefined CBA schema (or create a custom one including the SAP fields)

- add a new dimension for the company code

- control the visibility of your custom UIBB via the company code

Please check http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858 and related documents (e.g. the FPM Cookbook) for more details.

Best regards

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for this important information.

So, MDG 7.0 Financials Masters are developed in FPM_ADAPTABLE_OIF where we can do all the adaptations based upon the requirement.

-Kaustubh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please provide more explanation of how can I create Context Based Adaptions and do the validations required.

Could you please provide if any documents available for the same. This is required for MDG Finance.

Also, could you please clarify if the same requirement can be achieved by creating the badi Implementation for the badi USMD_RULE_SERVICE or USMD_RULE_SERVICE_CROSS_ET.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Any help please?

Thanks

Sapna

0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

Please change the filter criteria  from UICONFIGURATION = MDGF_0G_CCTR to

UICONFIGURATION = MDG_0G_FINANCIALS

It will trigger your implementation for achieving your requirement.

You can use the same for all entities of financials along with the CCTR once you changed the filter criteria.

Best Regards,

Kaustubh

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

this won't work in a MDG 7.0 environment. The old UIs are not usable anymore.

Best regards

Michael