cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persona flavor for ME51N with account assignment category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing some issues with ME51N flavors, any guidance is appreciated.

I created a flavor for ME51N by entering account assignment K. In this flavor i moved 2 fields (material & short description) from material tab to account assigment tab. Now when i am creating a purchase requisition using this flavor i cant see the fields i moved from material tab.The purchase requisition is being created with blank account assigmnet category & blank item category, hence account assigmnet tab itself is not available due to which those fields are also not visible.

I created  a ME51N flavor using account asignment category K. When i use the same flavor for creating purchase requisition with account assignment category sales order, i can't see sales order field under account assignment tab due to which purchase requisition can't be saved and transaction can't be posted successfully.

Is there a way of handling these issues or this can be taken care only by creating multiple flavors?

Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When moving controls between tabs, first "enable catch", then "Save & Exit". Then enter Edit mode, and replace the controls. Otherwise, the values are not "remebered".

Does this help a bit?

Dong Zhu

Mohanraj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

This issue may be because of screen ids / control id changing in the screen.

Please check the below blog for details.

http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2014/04/12/sap-screen-personas-screen-id-and-control-id-overwr...

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thanks, the suggested blog was useful but did not answer my query. The control ids have been already set in my system.

I created  a ME51N flavor using account asignment category K. When i use the same flavor for creating purchase requisition with account assignment category sales order, i can't see sales order field under account assignment tab beacuse sales order field was never visible when the flavor was created. Due to which purchase requisition can't be saved and transaction can't be posted successfully.

You can replicate the issue with following steps:

1. Create ME51N flavor by entering K (cost center) in account assignment field, by merging 3 tabs material, valuation & account assignment.

2. Now Create PR by entering K (cost center) in account assignment field, enter data in all other fields & save. PR will be created successfully.

3. Now create another PR by entering C (sales order) in account assignment field, enter data in all other fields & save. You will get error message due to no value in field sales order and you cant enter also because the field sales order is not visible in the flavor but its there in the backend.

I am new to persona and i think i am missing something here.

Another workaround i can think of is to create flavor with blank account assignment category but that is not ok because we don't want to show any tab in item details section.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very familiar with the ME51N transaction and we're also creating flavors for it. Please don't quote me as an expert but what I think could help resolve your issue is that you must populate the Account Assignment Category field in Basic View, or the flavor even I guess, and proced with personifying it. So, you personified the PR in the state of a K, now you should save those changes and do it again for C. Don't hide any tabs until you've grabbed all of the fields you need. There are certain fields that only appear based on what you populate.

In my experience, I had to do this twice for Item Category blank (materials) and D Services. Each instance required that I simulate each PR and then personify the flavor. Hope this makes sense and helps.