cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long running Transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have a long running transport in my test system.

I cant seem to get finnsih it just runs and runs.

So far this is what i have done.

1. Go to SE38, execute the report RSTPTEST. It tests the tp status and STMS configuration check.
  2. In STMS_IMPORT transaction -> in menu click on Goto -> tp system log .. this will give you if any error is there .
  3. Check in SM37 whether RDD* jobs are running or not. If not, schedule them and import of the transport again.
  4. Check in SM13 whether update is active or not as sometimes the update gets into error. If it is not active, activate it
  5. Check in SM50 if all background workprocesses are in running status and there are zero waiting BGD processes. If so, you will need to wait for the free background workprocess to run RDD* jobs to complete the  import of the transport.
  6. Check if any of the filesystems (like sapmnt, oraarch etc) of the Central Instance, Database and  application servers  is 100% full. If so, please add necessary space.

If the above does not helps in solving the issue, try the below things:-

1. Move the files from /usr/sap/trans/tmp to some other FS
  2. Delete all 'in process' requests from import monitor tab in STMS
  3. kill all the work processes from OS level which are running tp
  4. make sure that no job is in process named RDDIMPDP
  5. Clear entry from TRBAT and TRJOB tables. Also delete any *.LOC file located at /usr/sap/trans/temp location.
  6. Reschedule RDDIMPDP Background Job by executing RDDNEWPP report (using SE38) in 000 (under DDIC user) and all the required clients.
  7. Try to import the Trans. request(s) again into system using stms_import.
  8. The last option would be to restart SAP instance at non-productive time, clear any TRBAT/TRJOB entries, reschedule RDDIMPDP Background Job by executing RDDNEWPP report in 000 (under DDIC user) and all the required clients, and then re-import the Transport Request
  9. Also from OS level, one can kill all the TP processes which are in hang state and restart the import process

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor

You need to first see why the ddic  user is getting locked .

Is the RDDIMPDMP job getting  sheduled ( ststus )  just after you click on the transport truck ?

check whether the report is scheduled to run under any user .if yes  delete all of them .

Reschedule it using se38 in 000 DDIC user  ( or any user with full authorizations temporarly )  with normal priority

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't find the rfc that is locking ddic.

The only thing in the log is

***LOG US1=> Login, Wrong Password (DDIC ) [sign.c       4836]

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check all your RFC connections ( SM59 ) ?

Alternative ,

Copy the user DDIC to a new user and Schedule the report using this user . You may continue your troubleshooting of the DDIC user and reschedule  once the user locking issue is fixed

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cant do that it must be user didc 😞

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the DDIC user getting locked in 000 or all the clients . Why dont you schedule the job from your main client if the DDIC is not locked there

11677 - Transports with event-controlled RDDIMPDP

34964 - New RDDIMPDP features in Release 3.0

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would like to find the reason for the locks since they are on both clients 000 and 600

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your system connected to the solution manager system ?

If yes  can you check the SM59/ Managed system config of this system in solution manager .

Could be that the DDIC user may be used for the backend connection

Thanks ,

Manu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Delete the entries from the STMS_IMPORT - > Import monitor . log out of STMS txn and stop any running tp process . Recheck the TRBAT and TRJOB tables  and clean if you find any entries

After that retry the import .

post your dev_evt in the work directory  ,  and the Job log of the most recent RDDIMPDP .

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did get the transport to run and move up to prod.

Butit look´s like the problem is now the RDDIMPDP this job is not getting triggerd for some reason.

I also found that ddic is getting locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see in rfc trace that wrong password for ddic put how can I find the rfc with the wrong password?