Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting FAGLFLEXA document level data

IanMacLaren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SCN

my client is reporting GL balances off 0FIGL_C10 fed from 0FI_GL_10 which is reporting FAGLTEXTT and wants document level data.

Can I use 0FI_GL_4 to deliver this or must I use a newer extractor e.g. 0FI_GL_14?  I don't see 0FI_GL_14 in RSA5 in R3 which is SAP ECC 6 release 700 SP 16 so I assume this extractor would require installing EHPx which I was hoping to avoid for now ....

regards

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Line item reporting on FAGLFLEXA is related to New General Ledger. So you cannot use DataSource 0FI_GL_4 for this purpose (is used for Classic General Ledger).

However, DataSource 0FI_GL_14 (for the leading ledger) is not available prior to ECC 6 EhP 3. You also have to activate Business Function FIN_GL_CI_1 as part of the Switch Framework. In addition to DataSource 0FI_GL_14 you can also generate DataSources for non-leading ledgers.

Please refer to SAP Note  1070629 - FAQs: Migration to General Ledger Accounting (new) for relevant information. The relevant information can be found in the Appendix:

Question 11. Which extractors are available to extract data from the new general ledger to BI (Business Warehouse)?

In ECC 5.0 (=> mySAP ERP 2004) and ECC 6.0 (=> SAP ERP 6.0), there is an extractor for extracting totals records from the new general ledger to BI: 0FI_GL_10.

Note the following: As of Enhancement Pack 3 (=> EHP3), business function FIN_GL_CI_1 (=> General Ledger Accounting (new)), you can also use the line item extractor 0FI_GL_14 (=> DataSource: BWBCT_DS_0FI_GL_14). This also allows you to extract single documents of the leading ledger for BI reporting.

You can also generate extractors for non-leading ledgers (=> transaction code FAGLBW03). The generated extractors are called 3FI_GL_XX_SI, where XX is the name of the ledger.

For further information, see (for example) the SAP Library under "General Ledger (New): Line Items of Leading Ledger" or the documentation for the FIN_GL_CI_1 Business Function (=> transaction code SFW5).

Question 18. New developments within new General Ledger Accounting, delivered with SAP Enhancement Packages - listed as bullet points:

EhP3 - Business Function FIN_GL_CI_1 (=> New General Ledger Accounting):

Line item extractor - see FAQ 11 in this appendix.

Best regards,

Sander

IanMacLaren
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sander

I've told the client EHP3 is required for true line item reporting from FAGLFLEXA. 

I had already unzipped the content for 0FI_GL_4 and this does reconcile with FAGLFLEXT ( tx S_PL0_86000030 ) ... I assume this is extracting off BSEG.

thanks for your help

Ian

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Although I never tried it, DataSource 0FI_GL_4 (extracts indeed from BSEG) might indeed still work (in your release/SP/EhP and perhaps also beyond). However, I would recommend to upgrade to EhP3 and activate the Business Function to enable the New GL compliant line item DataSource.

The standard tables like BKPF and BSEG are still used to store the transaction data. However, for reporting I suggest to only work with the new FAGLFLEXA table.

Best regards,

Sander

IanMacLaren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sander

ok, that's clear ... thanks for the advice.  I'll push for the enhancement pack to be installed ...

regards

Ian

Answers (0)