cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add additional fields to the Schema Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the Categorization Schema in default Level 1 to Level 4 are already exists. If i want to create up to Level 7 how to proceed on this.

As per standard existsing are up to Level4 : ABAP Run time Error, now i want to add another 3 more fileds under ABAP Run Time Error .

I have tried to add levels in the schema and activated as like below but it is not reflecting.

Please Suggest how to do this, is there any additional fileds to be activated for this .

AIC_CAT01IncidentCategory
AIC_CAT01_01SAP applicationCategory
AIC_CAT01_01_01Error messageCategory
AIC_CAT01_01_01_01ABAP Runtime ErrorCategory
CA_2BASIS RelatedCategory
CA_3Performance DumpCategory
CA_4Memory ParametersCategory

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You need to do web ui configuration, proceed as below.

click on show configurable areas in web ui transaction.

click on your category block.

click on show available fields.

expand the field BTCATEGORYFIRST on your left side of the screen.

you can move the remaining category levels up to category10 from available to right side.

click on save and close.

click on hide configurable areas.

Although there is certain limit for that too and beyond that you need to do through modifying standard class.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnt find  show configurable areas in CRM_UI,

can u please suggest exactly where it is ? As i need to go to categorization schema and need to check for this ?

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to on the configuration mode.

Check the below link for that, it had screen shots.

Regards

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hazira,

I had answered if you want to add the more drop down fields, after that you should create the version of existing schema and made the changes to that and then release the schema and if you want to append the text only then also you need to create the version of existing schema and change, I hope you had done that.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

As mentioned in my earlier post we want to add addiotional sub fileds to categorization schema, i have tried adding them in schema and activated,but it was not working.

Please Suggest how to do this, is there any additional fileds to be activated for this .

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hazira,

Had you create the version of existing schema and then saved it. You need to make sure that application area should be assigned to your ZMCR/SMCR or ZMIN/SMIN which ever relevant transaction you are scheduling it for.

Please go through this once

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/Multilevel+Categorization

Please make sure you are modifyn the text as per given below

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2014/04/07/how-to-edit-the-cate...

Make sure you are adding the text to subnode (a level below while pressing the new button) and not on same node. Please note that these settings are apart from the web ui configuration as that is prerequisite if you want to add one more drop down/text field.

Please keep me posted about the progress.

regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your steps i have tried and i am getting the screen as like below.

Plz suggest

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now click on show available fields, and then from left column search for the BTCCAT* field and then press + sign. It will be added.

Regards

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see below.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks, It's Worked.

Can i get any Configuration/Implementation guide on ITSM or videos on configurations ?. As i already went thorugh the WIKI links, but if i get guide/videos there is a scope for learning more on it.

Please let me know if any so that , i can share my email id to you.

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hazira,

Please mark the correct answer accordingly so that it will be helpfull for other viewers and close this thread.

ITSM related documents, you can get from the ITSM wiki links and service market place.

Regards

Rishav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member768454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

for this chapter, I would like to understand something about categorizations.

I already have an active scheme with all the categories already working.

I would like to add another categories with 2 subcategories.

the question is this if I add the category, is it already working or do I have to do something else?

Thank you

LarrySuttles
Participant
0 Kudos

Cristiano Procacci,

Did you figure out how to create a new category with subcategories? I too am trying to simply add subcategories to an existing category and am having no luck figuring it out.

Larry