Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users still showing in AL08, SM04 after logging off from sap

former_member199963
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sessions are active even after user  logs off the system. The user logged off as SHOPPER10A almost 20 minutes back. User is still showing as logged in AL08 logs.

This will cause issues for users when they log back in again. It will show error in portal and they will not be able to process the shopping carts

Can you please let me know how to get them logged off once they have exited their session? Greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Asad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

Advise user to close their browser then check for locks in SM12. If there are no locks, log-off user via SM04 > Select user > User > Log off User > System-Wide.

Regards,

Migs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess upgrading kernel might fix the issue because for my system with 741 kernel, the issue was fixed after upgrading to latest version with recommendation from SAP.

Regards,

Nikhil

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asad ,

Can you check for any locks ( SM12 ) in the backend system

Check the following Note

1722248 - Sessions initiated from the Enterprise Portal remain open in the backend after a computer ...

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member199963
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thanks a lot for replying, the business is saying that they realize that the info in SM04 is not updated so they will hold on at the moment and not take any action. I will update once I hear back from them.

Thanks again!

Asad

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

Hope you are doing good. The connection pool should not be relied on for terminating the backend sessions. The application itself should be terminating the backend sessions. The settings within the connection pool are more of a fallback for special circumstances when the application failed to close the connection/session.  Often times when the the sessions are failing to close it is because there is an exception occurring during the call to terminate the session.

You need to capture the SM04 and SMGW transaction details to see user sessions and gateway connections. Check SAP Note No. 780817.

Hopefully there are some exceptions thrown in that will explain why the backend sessions were not closed.

NOTE: GW Trace

- to enable the trace with trace level 2, run transaction SMGW --> Goto --> Trace --> Gateway --> Increase Level

- to reduce the trace level afterwards, run transaction SMGW --> Goto --> Trace --> Gateway --> Reduce Level

As the GW trace can grow fast, you need to increase the size of the tracefile (rdisp/TRACE_LOGGING). In addition, the tracefile might be overwritten within minutes. Therefore the trace files need to be saved whenever its timestamp changes (i.e. via script - please ask your administrator), otherwise mandatory trace information will not available for the analysis.

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _