cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM ERROR UNABLE TO LAUNCH APPLICATION

0 Kudos

Hi, All

i uncared the SUM version: 1.0.12.6 and started the sum tool in RHEL6 using SIDADM as user and using http://hostname:4239 to start the sum tool GUI in windows PC with JAVA version in JAVA8 i'm facing below error which relaeted to JAVA version but i'm not sure i'm attaching all the screenshots please suggest to solve the issue.

Regards,

Chidananda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RolandKramer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

follow the description on Page 25 in the following Presentation - Upgrade to SAP Business Warehouse 7.40 | SCN and the Blog -

Best Regards Roland

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

tomas_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chidananda,

Please check following 2 points :

1. Make sure you are using right jcs files as specified in the following SAPnotes # 1238121 and #1240081.

2. Check the section "Starting the Software Update Manager GUI" from upgrade guide and make sure all requirements are fullfilled.

If this is not helpful please provide the command used to start the SUM and the results.

Regards,

Tomas Black

anandkarthik_raja
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana Kumar,

Could you please attach the sdt ~log from <SUM Path>/sdt/log/ as an attachment..

Regards,
Anand.

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chidananda,

Try using Java 6. Also, try clearing temporary files by navigating to "Control Panel" --> "Java" --> "Settings" --> "Delete Files".

Please share result after you try this, or if resolved, pls do share the solution.

Regards,

Shahid Ahmed

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

check thread @

Seems to be same issue.

//Venkat V

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

On windows desktop you can try to install the java 1.4, Set the environment variable JAVA_HOME= (Path of JAVA folder) and then try

BR

SS