cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME ADS Printing - Traveler with dynamic table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any one have an example  traveler template that uses a dynamic table to display all the operations on the traveler? Ie one template that works for different routers.

The problem we are having is due to the xml tags for each operation being different eg <operation0>, <operation1> etc which the dynamic table in Livecycle Designer doesn't seem to like.

Thanks

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin

What SAP ME version are you using? You should use the new class files that creates a better data construct if you are on 6.1 or later. This is documented in the How To Guide: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/334168940/SAP+ME+6_1+How-To-Guide+-+Printing.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

We are using ME15 SP03.

We have already read that document cover to cover and we can print a traveler with SFC or Shop order header data etc. We can also print a fixed list of operations but what we want to do is have a single template that has a dynamic table that prints all the operations regardless of how many there are.

Paragraph 6.11 of the document tells you that if you have multiple operations the binding should end with .Router_Step_ID0 , .Router_Step_ID1, Router_Step_ID2 etc etc

This would mean that I would have to create a template for each different material that has a different number of router steps as you effectively hard code each step ID

The first system I ever worked on (Visiprise 4.2) had the capability of using one template that automatically shrunk / expand based on the number of operations but I just cant see how to do it in LiveCycle Maybe I'm missing the obvious.

Thanks

Kevin

PS. Great to see a fellow Scotsman on here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

I would not use that document as a source of accurate or up to date binding names. Go capture the XML output (mePrintContent.XML) on the server and you will see that there is a section for the routing steps, and the tag names are not constructed like this. This file is what I use to do the binding, not the PDF.

In the file you will find <routerStepList> </routerStepList> repeated for each step, so the names are the same, giving you the dynamic list you need for Livecycle.

Pity our rugby team's doing so bad this year...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, now that's the missing link. I changed the printing classes to the new ones and it generated the mePrintContent.XML file which as you say has the different structure. I'm remapping all the bindings now and hopefully will get it working.

All our teams do bad lol. The difference is we expect it and party anyway.

Thanks

Kevin

Answers (0)