cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems starting Portal Server 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem getting Power Designer Portal 16.5 SP02 installed and working. This issue was previously reported by Marco Teensma (on November 3rd, 2014). I have taken over the installation.

The machine I am using (W2008 server) already has the repository and the proxy installed and working.
When installing the ‘PowerDesigner165SP02_Portal.exe’ (as Administrator), I use the following options:

• Install new Tomcat 7.0
• Install new JRE

I get no errors during installation. When clicking ‘Finish’ (with the options to start the Portal Server and Open PowerDesigner Portal page) I get the message that the service does not exist.

Through some trial and error, I have found out that the new JRE is installed, but there are some problems with it. When I open C:\Program Files\Java\jre, I see a zip-file and an exe-file. (core.zip and patchjre.exe). The zip is not extracted.

I then uninstalled the Portal, extracted the core.zip, and ran installation again. This time not requesting installation of a new JRE.

That worked, because now the service was created. I also found out that I had to set JRE_HOME as an environment variable, pointing to C:\Program Files\Java\jre

However, when trying to start the service, it started and then stopped again. Event logs gave no clue, but the portalserver16-stdout.2015-02-17.log showed the following:

2015-02-17 13:11:26 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initialized
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

I cannot get any further with this. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Hans

Message was edited by: Hans Roelse Hi all, found the answer via Google. The *.pack files in the jre needed to be unpacked. Now it works

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182952
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Glad to see you were able to find the answer.

"Hi all,  found the answer via Google. The *.pack files in the jre needed to be unpacked. Now it works"

I will mark this as resolved.

Adam

Answers (0)