cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requestor name in HR Trigger related requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing a difficult time in finding a solution to this issue which my client is facing for HR trigger related requests.

Previously when HR trigger Hiring requests were raised, the Requestor name in the request used to be the name of the HR person who triggered the request.

But currently ,when HR trigger Hiring requests are getting raised, the Requestor name in the request is coming as GRCRFC unlike before.

Please find the below screenshot for more details :

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fx050
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have fixed this before so got a chance to help you here

The "Created by/Requestor" field in the Access Request coming thru HR trigger is populated by the "Userid" maintained in the RFC connection (present in plug-in system & pointing to GRC system).

In my Example, If you maintain the Userid as "XX_RFC" in RFC connection, then the access request coming thru HR trigger will have "XX_RFC" as requestor.

If you want to get the userid of person in the "Created by/Requestor" field who actually has initiated this request (i.e. person who made the changes in PA30/PA40 record), the you would need to maintain the User as "Current User" under the RFC connection (present in plugin system & pointing to GRC system). Refer screenshot for more details.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Faraz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faraz,

Thank you so much for your inputs ... It really helped ..

Regards,

Rahul Muni

fx050
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Great to know that it useful Please close this thread as things has worked for you.

Thanks,

Faraz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please check below SAP note

2066450 - "Created by" and "Requestor" in HR Trigger request notification

Regards,

Madhu.

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I too visited the note but it does not helped.

Regards

Raj

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul/Raj,

As per my understanding HR trigger gets initiated as soon as there is a change in any of the info types (New Hire, Position Change or Termination) in the HR system and a BADI passes these changes to GRC using RFC call and later GRC system tries to make use of the BRF+ Application for HR Triggers to find out which type of request has to be created and creates the requests.

Previously when HR trigger Hiring requests were raised, the Requester name in the request used to be the name of the HR person who triggered the request.

>> Can you explain bit more about this as I can see you are mentioning someone manually triggering the requests. I assume based on changes in Infotypes the data should be passed to GRC and then GRC creates requests. Since you are using GRCRFC UserID as connection between GRC and HR systems, requester name is being shown as GRCRFC

Correct me If my understanding is incorrect. But please share whether in DEV and PRD the way you tested HR triggers is the same or not.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

You understood right.

Steps to process HR trigger in DEV and PRD is same.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can I get any help / input on this issue.

My GRC system is on SP 13.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Some what strange that before it is working as required but now it's not.

Ideally in the HR trigger, the 'Requestor' value is populated based on HR field UNAME and 'Created by' with RFC user.

Is it happening for all the requests? Can you have quick check in dev and compare with the value of UNAME.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

In Development system it is working perfectly fine. I am getting requestor name as User ID with which request was triggered.

I am facing problem in Production system.

Where to check the HR field UNAME in production ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please let me know how / where to find the HR field UNAME ?

Regards,

Rahul Muni

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Getting UNAME is not straight forward. What I remember is:

In SU01 based on USERID get last name and first name.

Then in table browser SE16N, use these names in SNAME of table PA0001 and get PERNR (personnel no.)

Then go to table PA0105 get USRID(System ID) based on PERNR.

Please try this.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

These fields will be mapped some where , due to which the requestor name gets pulled.

I dont know how to map the Requestor name in the Access Request with the name of person who is triggering the request in HR system using PA40.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rahul Muni