Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible or not?

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I'm trying to create the following workflow:

User creates request (new account or change account) containing roles and systems.

I need to split line items into the sequence

Stage 1. Approve/reject systems

Stage 2. Approve/reject roles

I need sequential processing, i.e. systems - first, roles - second. I tried to configure this path, but I couldn't. Very helpful blog by Madhu Babu, he splits lineitems using initiator, but it gives two parallel paths. If I use similar method for my task, I get error with no approvers for roles at stage1.

Could you help me with this task? Is it possible to configure using standard tools (BRF+, MSMP) or I need to use Z?

If the above possible with the standard tools, then question number 2:

If at stage1 some system owners rejects system A and approve system B, is it possible to send at stage2 only roles for system B?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Artem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204479
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

You might try as follows:

1. Stage 1 is for the System approver, this would be a single person. As in this would ideally not be like role owners where a few roles might go to one approver and rest go to another. All system records and hence the entire request goes to this one person on stage 1. The approval and rejection level be set at "System and Role" for this stage.

The approver here would perform approval and rejection on the systems. And as the level set is system and roles, a system rejection would apply to system + roles.

2. Stage 2 for the role owners. The approval and rejection level be set at "Roles" for this stage.

The role owners will take action on the roles that they own.

Let us know if this set up fits your scenario and works as expected!

Thanks

Sammukh

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sammukh,

I need to customize as I described because we have owners of the systems or responsible people. And if one of the owners says "No", then approval process of roles for the system shouldn't take place.

And just one moment to your comment. I have customized approval procedure for roles and systems within one stage using BRF procedure (not lineitem by lineitem). But now I need to split it into two stages according to my needs. Because If 30 roles for 1 system is approved, but the system is not (by mistake or intentional), then all role owners worked in vain. As a result I get angry users (role owners)

Regards,

Artem