cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment issue for webi report on Ipad

Former Member
0 Kudos

" I have created webi report by using bex query for EP as well as IPAD perspective.

In my webi report i have 2 chart 2 table, First page will be having first chart and first table , 2nd page will be having 2nd chart and 2nd table.

If I set relative position on iPad then graph and table alignment is not proper (expectation is that graph table should appear on first page and second combination on next). However, if data is large then all 4 components are taking one page each as data changes layout will also change."

We are currently using BO 4.1 SP2, BI Mobi App 6.10

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207139
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Yes, you are correct, to get the report elements in a particular page, we need to keep those element with in the page, and due to space constrains, we may have to keep it overlapped.

If your concern is to keep the same report without overlapped in BI Launch PAD as well,

then, move the 2nd Chart and 2nd Table to 3rd Page. And move the 3rd Chart and 3rd Table to 5th Page.

This will help to avoid overlap in BI Launch Pad, and in iPAD, you will see the layout as expected.

in this case In iPAD, the first page will have 1st Chart and 1st Table. the 2nd page of BI Launch Pad does not have report element which is originated in the same page. so that page will be discarded in iPAD. the 3rd page of BI Launch Pad will become 2nd page on iPAD, with 2nd Chart and 2nd Table. in the same way, the 5th Page of BI Launch Pad will become 3rd Page on iPAD, which will display 3rd Chart and 3rd Table.

To move the report element to third page, you can keep the elements more than 47cm from the top of the report.

To move the report element to 5th page, you can keep the elements more than 93cm from the top of the report.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have tried this option earlier. Unfortunately, portal / BI Launchpad will have lot of space or gap in between which is not good from end user perspective, since this will lead to further confusion. Also, Layout is fine w.r.t iPad.

Regards,
Navya

former_member207139
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

When the relative position is set (relative to other report element) for a report element(chart or table), and the origin of the report element is varying based on the data, then you can not achieve consistent layout on the iPAD device.

For example, if you have table on the top of each page, according to the table height, the chart will be pushed down. if the table height is more than the page height, then the chart will be moved to next page.

So I would suggest not to use relative position, and let the Chart overlapped with the table to keep it on the same page itself. This will help to keep both table and chart in a same page.

And to keep report elements in 2nd page, you can keep the report elements after 24 cm from top of the report, so it will move the 2nd page.

for the 3rd, 4th, 5th pages you can keep the report elements after 47cm, 70cm, 93cm. (This numbers will help you for the accuracy of pagination. But simply if you keep the report in page mode in BI Launch pad, you can visibly adjust for the pagination.)

if you can share snapshots of your Web and iPAD layouts of the report page, I can help you better for the layout correction.

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

PFA screenshot for Webi report.

If there is overlapping in portal / BI Launchpad as per screenshots shared (2nd and 3rd), and then the same appears fine on iPad.

If i try to adjust one of the layouts in launchpad then the same is impacted on iPad.

Regards,

Navya

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

You can have a look at the following blog if not already seen. This would help you design your webi report correctly for mobile usecase

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I have gone through this document. In the document it is mentioned related to limited rows. But in my webi report it is monthly data and that can grow for next year. As data changes layout will also change then all 4 components are taking one page each.

Regards,

Navya