cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock still in Quality even after doing UD and Posting into Unrestricted ?

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

user has Processed the INSP lot as for the Process(qe01 and qa12) given UD and posted the stock into unrestricted. Material Documents are generated for both the 101 and 321 But material is still showing in Quality.

now the user want to do return delivery of the same material due to some business reasons. when we try to do the Return delivery system is giving a massage as " Returns has to done through QM' so Please guide me what to do in this  issue. and why stock is still in Quality even a material DOCUMENT is Generated.

Regards,

mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Please can you check if your stock is lying in in Q- stock in MMBE. If so, then there can a few reasons for it as below -

a) UD code didn't had posting proposal added, in case if this the first time, you are doing UD, or you are using a new "Accept" UD code, or this is the first time you are trying this process in a new plant, where this process was not tested before successfully. If so, you have to add the posting proposals appropriately.

b) Even if the posting proposal is added, you have not made the UD  as background compliant, to move the stock form Q-stock to unrestricted stock type, even though by the application of UD code the document level MvT 321 was done. If so, then either you need to go  to stock posting tab in QA11/QA12 to move the stock for quality to unrestricted. Or, you can activate the 'background' check in the UD code, so that no manual things are required. Please refer the attached thread -

If the above two cases are not blocking your process, but still for one such specific case your material is not moved to Unrestricted stock, you can check the SAP OSS note 48815 (Or, use program ZQEVAC20) and the thread -

For more details you can refer a nice doc - Thanks to all the owner/s and thread contributors referenced in this thread. 

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Banerjee,

This is Old material and The Plant also running from Long back daily we are Doing Somany Raw materials and Packing materials Processing through the QM activity.

we are  doing  quality process for this material from past. in QA12 under the STOCK tab stock is showing in Unrestricted field But in MMBE stock is under Quality stock.

Can you Please let me know how can i process this issue, can we do this by Cancelling the GRN .

Regards,

mahesh.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

To my understanding, if UD = A (Accept) was already used but it didn't moved your stock form Q- stock to Unrestricted stock, there should have been some inconsistency creeped in. So there can be two possible approaches to fix it -

a) Use the MM-QM stock inconsistency report [SAP OSS note 48815 (Or, use program ZQEVAC20)] to move the Q-stock to unrestricted stock. At the background the stock will be moved through MvT 321. Now do transfer posting with MvT 322 and move the stock back to Q-stock. Or form Unrestricted stock only try to create return PO and send ROH material back to the vendor.

b) If you can simulate the case in Quality system, that will be ideal. As the stock is still lying in Q-stock in MMBE, first impression says that it may be possible to cancel the GRN. But I am not very sure if that process will work, as inspection lot is already released with UD.

I think the 1st process should be working here. Please can you test thoroughly and feedback.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

What is the message number from 'Returns has to done through QM'?

Kind regards,

Natália

former_member364899
Participant
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

Pl clarify, whether the stock show in Quality inspection at MMBE?

Thanks

R Vaithiyanathan