cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Serial No. to PR in SAP MM

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We want to trace the material ( T-8000 : Semi-Finished )  activities with serial numbers. I created a new serial no. profile by the following activities…

1. Business Function, LOG_MM_SERNO is activated through SFW5 transaction.
  2. Created a new profile within OIS2 transaction ( Z003 : PRSL & POSL ) with SerUsage : 01 & EqR : 02.
  3. IMG: Materials ManagementàPurchasing-->Purchase Requisition-->Define Document types with SerUsage : 03 & EqR : 02.
  4. IMG: Materials ManagementàPurchasing-->Purchase Order-->Define Document types with SerUsage : 03 & EqR : 02.
  5. Assigned the profile “Z003” to “General Plant Data / Storage 2” view of Material Master.

After doing the above settings, I tried to create a Purchase Requisition in ME51N.

In Material Data tab, I selected Assign Serial Number . Clicking on the Icon brings up the Maintain Serial Numbers window where I cannot find  “ Create Serial Number Automatically ” option.

When I tried to enter the serial no. “2” manually, the following Error Message is Displayed “ No New serial Number can be entered for material T-8000 (2) - Message no. IO214”.

Pls Guide me.

Thanks in advance,

Dinesh Kumar V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

in the serial number profile in OIS2 you said you have selected usage as 01. 01 stands for No serial numbers are assigned, please change the usage to 03 as per your PR and PO settings.

Regards

Abhishek

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek Rai,

I tried ur step but no change in status.

Dinesh.

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh

Please check the SAP Knowledge Base Article 2119713. The settings you mentioned looks to be as per the article.

Please check if the Equipment cat in OIS2 is S.

Check if you are able to see the Create Serial number Automatically button in ME21n.

Also try to create the serial number in IQ01 first and then assign to the Purchase requisition me51n.

Regards,

Abhishek Rai    

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Now, I maintained “S” in Equipment Cat through OIS2.

And, then created a serial number “1” in IQ01 as per your guidance.

After doing all this I’m able to assign serial number “1” manually in ME51N. But, "Create Serial No. Automatically" button is missing still.

I have to assign serial no’s for 100 pc, doing this manually is not possible.

I hope you can understand the situation and guide me.

Thanks With Regards,

Dinesh Kumar V.

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please share the screen shot of Me51N. Also did u check if its available in ME21n?

Regards

Abhishek