cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom app creation on SMP server cockpit?

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently I am working on standard SWM 6.2 application running on SMP 3.0 platform. Now I want to configure custom app on management cockpit which will point to the development server.

Below are the steps I have performed to create the custom app.

1. Creation of App ID for the custom app in management cockpit

2. Changed the "DevelopmetServer value to "TRUE" in Agentry.ini

3. Deployed the standard zip under the app specific settings of the custom app created.

4. Modified the JavaBE.ini file with custom mobile application name.

5. Re zipped the files and re deployed into the server.

6. Restarted the SMP server

After that I have tried to connect the app with the URL ends with the name of App ID created for the custom one. But I could not able to connect to the app and got "Communications Error" in device and got "HTTP 404 not found error" from browser.

Could anyone please suggest the recommended steps to go with the custom app creation in management cockpit and how to set up the app to publish to the development server.

What would be the URL for the custom app when there are multiple Agentry applications.

NOTE: SMP server version is SMP 3.0 SP05

Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance,

Roopa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you deploy an application to the Cockpit, this will make the application use production logic.

Also, need to change a file after a deployment to the server (with production logic) you need to publish a new applicaiton version also.

For development applications, create App in the cock pit, publish the application from the editor, and all the other files from the zip file to the new folder (besides the Application\Production) folder.  Then restart your SMP Server.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

You can do below changes to solve your issue.

1) You can deploy your application from agentry editor.

2) If you have created Z application into your config panel then change the name into your JavaBE.ini

3) Check your [HOST], [SERVICE LOGON] section into JavaBE.ini

4) Recheck [JAVA-1] section into your Agentry.ini

5) Please make sure that your trying to access your application with 8082 port not 8081. Port Number has been changed in SP05.

If you still face this error, please share Agentry.ini and JavaBE.ini so that I can dig dipper into it.

for Multiple Agentry applications, URL would be https://[SMP server]:8082/Appname.

Once you restart your SMP server, you will get your appname into Agentry startup log as below.

Opening WebSockets servlet for sub-URL /SAPWM

Regards,

Kaivan Shah