SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EA04 - Posting Area R401

KASTENNIS70
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here is the issue that I'm facing:

1.  first the invoicing job provided this error message:  in the invoicing document is:  Document splitting for comapny code xxxx is not active Message# FAGL_LEDGER_CUST081.

2.  I debugged because I found virtually no assistance on the error message.  We checked the maintenance of the new g/l and it is not marked for splitting for any of the ADID entries for the in production company codes nor the future company codes.  Through debugging found the following posting area stated that it was not maintained for the new company code.  Account determination not possible for key 1200, posting area Billing Default Values: Repayment Method (R401) through debugging. 

3.  I am unable to maintain posting area R401.  The values are as follows:
   CoCode                    Payment Method                 Form ID            PF DirDebP

0001                              *                                        *                         *

1000                              *                                        *                         *

3100                             *                                         *                         *

I would like to add the new company codes but get an error stating that the asterisk is not an acceptable character.

Have others incurred this issue?  If you have any advice - it will be much appreciated.

Thank You

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly.

1. Is document splitting needed? If not, you can disable it in IMG - Financial Accounting (New) - General Ledger Accounting (New) - Business Transactions - Document Splitting - Activate Document Splitting

2./3. Cant you add repayment method and form by stating it, instead of putting an asterisk there? You need to have them both defined before putting them in Posting area R401.

Marko