cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi we are planning to migrate sap trex from windows to linux? In the past any body done this migration? what is the process of doing this type of migration?

former_member432274
Participant
0 Kudos

hi we are planning to migrate our SAP TREX  from windows to linux?

In the past any body done this type of migration?

what is the process of doing this type of migration? we are using SAP TREX 7.1 with the version 32.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do the migration kindly follow the steps

1. On exiting Trex on windows OS take the backup of business index objects using python script. by refer the SAP Note  975965 - TREX 7.0/7.1: Data backup (online) and recovery

2. Installation and configuration the SAP Trex 7.1 on linux OS, refer the SCN link

3. Restore the Index object from the backup.

BR

SS

former_member432274
Participant
0 Kudos

hi sriram,

thank you so much for the reply

i should download the same SAP TREX version, which i am using for windows system or can i downlaod the latest one.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Better you can download the latest-1 from SAP SMP

BR

SS

former_member432274
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your replies. I have a question regarding the steps you mentioned. Why cant I export from Windows and import to my new linux box? what about the rfc communications should I do the new rfc's. can you please share me the detail steps that would be too good or any document is available can you please share it to my email. sowjanyaanamala@gmail.com. If you send it will be pretty much helpful.

Thanks

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After installed the new trex instance on linux os you can restore the existing index object from windows to linux os

RFC you have to creat new on.

BR

SS