cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Dialog Instance with Solution Manager 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our PRD system (ABAP only) has a CI + 4 dialog instances (each dialog instance is installed on a separate host) .

In other words, we have one SID for 5 different instances (1 CI + 4 dialog instances) on 5 different servers.

I have already executed SOLMAN_SETUP --> "Managed Systems Configuration" for the CI and installed the Diagnostics Agent (SMD Agent) on all 5 hosts.

Now I would like to connect each dialog instance with the Solution Manager in order to monitor them, too.

Could you please help me with the steps, which should be done?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Noémi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi ,

Go to the managed system configuration and select the system you want to configure.

Choose configure (in SP12 its called fully configuration i believe)

Choose from the roadmap point 4 Assign Diagnostic agents

Choose SLD Agent Candidates and "Get Agents"

Go Back to Agent Assignement, and assig an agent to each entry present in the list like here:

Thats it.

Krisztian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Noémi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perform the steps as defined by Lazar, if you are not able to see the agents there also then you need to go to agent administration, then supply the user credentials and password there in advance connectivitiy tab.

go to SMD view identifiy the agents and press push button. Go to SLD view now and then attach the agents that you had pushed from the SMD view. After attaching it it will be visible in the managed system setup.

Regards

Rishav

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the managed System Configuration , You need to connect not Just the CI SMD but all other 4 SMD agents .

Thanks ,

Manu