cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up my own testing Landscape

0 Kudos

I started to work for SAP in january and I will focus on Fiori implementation and developing. Because of this I am working on severall trainings where I get use to the topic. To improve my skills with implementation and developing I wanted to set up my own testing landscape. Due to the fact that I am very inexperienced with the whole installation topic I wanted to ask if you could provide some helping answers to the following questions:

This is the architecture that I want to set up:

http://help.sap.com/static/fiori_bs2013/en/f3/07e45200160575e10000000a44538d/ppt_img.gif

This architecture shows the required system landscape that I need, so that I can work on thie following tutorial.

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2014/06/10/fiori-technical-installation-and-configuration-o...

So I allready downloaded the ECC 6.0 EHP7 and the SWPM 1.0. I created a server instance in the monsoon cloud with a redhat 6.5 plattform, and added a volume with 50gb. My questions now are:

1. Do I need to download NW7.4 and install it on the server before installing the erp ecc 6.0 ehp7?
  2. Can I install the frontendserver on the same server as the backend server or do I have to create another server instance in the monsoon cloud?
  3. Do you know any guide or something where a whole installation from an erp system from scratch is explained? I never worked with virtual  mashines etc.

So the main task, that I have to achieve is to set up an erp system on the server instance in the monsoon cloud and get it up and running.

I would be really glad if you could help me in any way

Kind regards,

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik.

To answer your question in the order you asked.

1. No. SAP Netweaver is installed as part of the System Installation.

2. Yes. You can install all instances on one server as Systems and Instances as uniquely identified by the System ID / Instance ID respectively.

3. The SAP Course which most closely covers your requirements is ADM110: Installation of SAP Systems.

There is no difference between the vitual machine and physical one from a SAP perspective as the virtualisation is invisable to the SAP application.

Thanks

Neil Ryan

SAP Active Global Support.

0 Kudos

Hey Neil,

thanks for the great help. It helped me a lot. I think I will do the ADM110. After this I should be an expert

Kind Regards,

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Almost. For Consulting Level knowledge the correct course is TADM70 🙂

Regards

Neil Ryan

Answers (0)