cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk Analysis very slow performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, i am trying to run RAR just for one role, i have already make everything in post installation guide, check connectors, assign scenarios, and everything is fine, but when i try to run risk analysis for one role it takes a lot of time and it does not display then comes a timeout errror, even when i run risk analysis in background for one role it takes a lot of time and does not display anything.

I have also check all parameters for RAR FROM 1021 TO 1048 and i think they are ok.

If you can help me to know how to improve performance and not taking so much time for analyzing one single role.

I appreciate your help.

Regards

Picho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu, those parameter are already set but still the same problem.

Japneet Singh GRC version is 10 and support package for GRC is 17 and BASIS 16.

What else could i check because all paremeter are set and connector typer and everythins is fine.

Thanks a lot.

Picho

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Picho,

Please check below discussion thread and make sure you have completed all Pre and Post installation activities

Are you running this risk analysis for 1 connector or all connectors at once?

Please run the Action and permission analysis separately.

Since you have already maintained prameters as required, check below options as well

1.     SPRO -> Governance, Risk and Compliance -> Access Control -> Access Risk Analysis -> Maintain Exclude Object for Batch Risk Analysis

add the SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW here and any other user/role/profile which you want to exclude from the risk analysis run

2.     SPRO -> Governance, Risk and Compliance -> Access Control -> Distribute Jobs for Parallel Processing

you can have it  to 3 processes, but you should gradually increase it depending upon the runtime and the system memory.

3. check out the note Note 1580877 - Best practices in storage management for SoD analysis jobs

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Madhu, i have already check that note yesterday but it does not have too much information for performance risk analysis, also my parallel processing jobs are 12 for development system which is i am trying to run risk analysis for one single role, also i have already performed btach risk analisis as you told me but still the same, i have increas configuration time out but it does not display anyhting, whe i run a risk analysis it just start processing and nothing appears, i left 8 hours running a job for one single role but it does not work.

I have checked everything again but still the same problem.

I don´t know what else i can do.

Thanks a lot.

Picho

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Picho

Have you discussed with your Basis team to see if there might be some performance tuning required on their side? May not be related to the GRC configuration

Regards

Colleen

japneet_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Picho,

Are you using 10.0 or 10.1 ? What is the current support pack of the GRC?

Thanks & Regards
JP

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Picho,

Can you try maintaining parameters values same as below and re-try

Regards,

Madhu