cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP type /PTF mapping with APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are starting to replace ECC-MRP based planning  with APO-Heuristics based planning. The master data in ECC is already setup and being used.

MRP types used are P1, P3, PD along with Planning Time fence values. I understand we need to change the MRP types to X0 before we start planning in APO. In standard the time fence from ECC gets mapped to PP-DS time fence in APO. To map the MRP types I have thought of below approach, please validate and let me know if I am missing something.

MRP Type P1 - > Change to X0 in ECC - > Via CIF Enhancement , map the Planning time fence ( from ECC) to SNP Prod Horizon/ SNP Stock transfer horizon ( depending on Proc. type) & Auto select the Indicator  "Fix Production" or "Fix Stock Transfers" in APO depending on Proc. Type

MRP Type P3 -> Change to X0 in ECC -> Via CIF Enhancement , map the Planning time fence ( from ECC) to SNP Prod Horizon/ SNP Stock transfer horizon ( depending on Proc. type) & Do Not Select Indicators  "Fix Production" or "Fix Stock Transfers" in APO

MRP Type PD --> Change to X0 in ECC -> Do not map Planning time fence / do not select the "Fix Production" or "Fix Stock transfers" indicators.

The determination of whether to select the fixing indicators/ or map planning time fence will be based on MRP controllers which are already set in ECC.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks,

TJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can only choose to plan in APO (using X0 MRP type) or in ECC using one of the other MRP types.  This is mandatory and avoids closed loop.  You therefore need to change the MRP type in ECC to be X0 for all the products that you wish to plan in APO and send them to AP via the CIF.

In order to take account of the old settings of P1, P3 and PD in order to set specfic fields in the APO product master you will need to find another field in ECC that can do that job for you.  For example it may be a combination of plant and MRP controller or MRP group or material type or material group ro procurement type.  You could even use a characteristic value if there is really no alternative.  Once you have established the criteria then you can build your user exit in the product CIF.

The user exit can be either the outbound from ECC or the inbound into APO user exit.  The code would read the ECC material master data and then change the field settings accordingly in the outbound or inbound structure.  I would advise that you have a bespoke table to contain the criteria and the resulting setting.  For example plant 1000 and procurement type E means set field for fix production to "x".

This will be straight forward to achieve

Regards

Laurence

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

MRP type = X0 means the product will be planned in APO, not planned in ECC. Other MRP Type e.g. PD can be planned in both ECC and APO.

The planning time fence can be mapped to APO system. In APO product master, "PPDS" tab, you will see the planning time fence. And this planning time fence can be customized in APO system too.

Regards,

Claire