Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Java System Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know

1) In order to ensure security standard of default accounts , how to check J2EE_Guest and J2EE_Admin Users security rolels and groups using os command?

2) how to ensure security of integration of the external Web-services in a SAP JAVA System from OS?

P.S: all the above queries can be answered using SAP Netweaver Administrator but need to get those info from the OS level.

Thanks

Rahul Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Why do you want to find the information from the OS level when you know how to find those details from the application layer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Benjamin for the reply.

Actually, I need to write a shell script to get those above required information so I need to know to know how to get it from the OS level (using Putty).

Thanks

Rahul Anand

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul ,

J2EE_GUEST and J2EE_ADMIN are SAP Users and their password /roles are saved in the DB in encrypted / Not meaningful to outside world format .

I dont think you would be able to retrieve the passwords from the OS level ."Ie the security standard " delivered by SAP .

Thanks ,

Manu

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Roles and profiles are saved in the database. Moreover J2EE_ADMIN and J2EE_GUEST users are stored in the ABAP database when the UME is set to ABAP data source for a Java stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manu !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Benjamin for the info.