cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data preview problem in Attribute view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using SAP Hana cloud trial version. After creating hello world application, I am going forward to create attribute view and so on. Created few tables and inserted data in my schema. Then created attribute view on a table, validated and activated. All went nicely till that point. The problem is when I am trying to preview data.

After reading some blogs executed below things.

Then

Please help me to resolve the above issue.

Thanks,

Kazi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like the procedure call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS" is failing due to a different table.

Can you try granting select role individually on your modeled view only using

call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECT"('<package>', '<view>')

Regards,

Subhankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhankar,

I tried that..showing me the same error as above.

Thanks,

Kazi

former_member183029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which are the tables your attribute view is dependent on? Can you post that?

regards,

Subhankar

former_member183029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have created the attribute view on top of tables of your own, you should have those tables in the NEO_**** schema and not in the DEV_**** schema. Looks like tbl_kazi table is created in the dev schema. Can you create it in neo schema and try again ?

Regards,

Subhankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhankar,

You are right. I have created under DEV*. But I can not see NEO* schema under 'Catalouge' folder. Please let me know where to find that schema?

Thanks & Regards,

Kazi

former_member183029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kazi,

From your first screenshot I can see that you have two schemas with NEO_. One of them would be yours and other as per my understanding should belong to some other user who might have shared it accidentally.

I am not sure how to find out which one is yours, but you can definitely try trial and error as it is only two. You should ideally create your dev artifacts in your NEO_* schema and when activated and after granting select on your attribute view, it should appear under _SIS_BIC (It still does not appear for you as you don't have any content in it till now. ). Please do the needful and let me know if your problem is solved.

For creating an application from scratch and to understand how it works, you can follow

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Subhankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhankar,

Thanks a ton. After creating under NEO* schema I have recreated all attribute view and the given _SYS_REPO to the NEO schema. Now they are working well and I can preview all data. Superb.

Next I am creating Analytic View on fact table SALES and as dimension I have taken NEO_PRODUCT and NEO_REGION attribute view( newly created and they are working well as I can preview data). I have made few properties change like Analytical Priviage and default schema to NEO* and Cross Session as mentioned in above link(8 easy steps).

Activated the Analytic view. Then preview data and this time also getting same error.

Am I doing something wrong again? Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Kazi

former_member183029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kazi,

This is a limitation in HCP trial account that data preview of analytic view does not work. Read more on this

Solution could be that you use calculation view.

Regards,

Subhankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhankar,

I am sorry for late reply. As you said, I have created a calculation view to TEST and getting same error while review data.

After activate above view I executed

call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECT"('p1941157249trial.kazifirstinstance.Hello', 'TEST')

but no luck. PLease help.

Thanks,

Kazi

former_member183029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Calc View is activated, then you can see that under catalog folder within the _SIS_BIC schema. Expand column view folder under that to find it. Do data preview on that.

BTW, did you fill the value of default schema in the editor?

Regards,

Subhankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhankar & Kazi,

I am facing with the same issue. not able preview the data from the views created.

After going through your conversation, I came to know that we need to create under schema NEO_XXX. Followed your steps. But I have few thing to clarify.

1. Default user of HCP starts with DEV_123

2. Default schema should be with DEV_123 as user DEV_123.

3. Came to know that NEO_123 is application schema. so created all the table and views as in conversation under schema NEO_123.

To find the developers user schema : SELECT * FROM "HCP"."HCP_DEV_METADATA".

After creating attribute view using tables under NEO_123 Schema. I am still facing same old popup mentioned in the conversation.

Execute following procedures :

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA "NEO_4I6O5IKG8SOTOH0L88A6E6877" TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;

call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS"('p1941198767trail.hihanaxs.NEOPackage', 'Z_NEO_STS_ATTR_VIEW');

call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS"('p1941198767.hihanaxs.NEOPackage', 'Z_NEO_STS_ATTR_VIEW');

Error for the above two procedures:

Could not execute 'call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS"('p1941198767trial.hihanaxs.NEOPackage', ...'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [1281]: wrong number or types of parameters in call: HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS: line 1 col 12 (at pos 11)

Could not execute 'call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS"('p1941198767.hihanaxs.NEOPackage', ...'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [1281]: wrong number or types of parameters in call: HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS: line 1 col 12 (at pos 11)

Please share details about, how did you manage to preview the data from attribute view. how did you manage the authorization issue. share details how did you manage to get _SYS_BIC & _SYS_REPO schemas.

0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/people/dinesh.v2/blog/2015/04/20/data-preview-of-analytic-view-in-hana-cloud-plat...

Hi Kazi,

You can view the data even from the analytic view using the workaround approach as explained in my blog (see above link). Just need to change the analytic view to use the calculation engine (convert to calculation view but not literally).

Let me know if you face any problems.

Regards

Dinesh

0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Be careful with the spelling in the call statement. Either use the statement for all activated objects

CALL "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS";

(notice the 'S' in 'OBJECTS')

OR use for specific ones as below

CALL."HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECT"('<package>','<view>');

(notice the absence of 'S' in 'OBJECT')

I always prefer the statement for all activated objects.

Regards

Dinesh

(please award points if the solution is useful)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great answer, really helped a lot.

Answers (0)