Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tab merging

former_member213535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I merge four tabs in custom transaction like in this png1...

tab1---notifications

tab2---materials used

tab3---life controls/docs

tab4---JAR form 1

after selecting 2 check boxes and press enter it will go to life controls/docs and the notifications tab fields are disappeaing...

now my question is 1.why the notifications tab fields are disappearing

2.how to mark the check box in notifications tab through scripting

3.f4 help is not working and i have set system defaults also.

personas version is 1.0

thanks and regards,

S.Geetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member213535
Participant
0 Kudos

hii...

One more doubt please....

In the below figure after selecting all notifications tab check boxes if i press enter....the data in the notification tab is disappearing and next tab data is appearing....

Why it is like this?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I cannot really see the screen shot well enough because it is too small, but it appears there is an error message on the screen. This is probably due to either a required field not being populated or some other validation kicking in which prevents the Personas client to click through the merged tabs. You'll have to fix that so tab caching will be successful.

As for the timeout message, the first thing I'd suggest is to check whether the system is completely up-to-date according to note 1964257.

former_member213535
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Tamas.

The error message is : "At least one check box should be selected"

In previous screen I have to enter order number.While pressing enter the control goes to the screen in that 1.png.....

In notifications tab 4 check box columns are there.....I have to select any one of four columns check boxes for the two rows compulsory.

Thanks and regards,

S.Geetha.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If the tab with the check boxes has a validation logic producing the error message, this will disrupt tab caching. Unsuccessful tab caching will cause some of the other cached tab contents to disappear because the system wasn't yet able to read the content of those tabs.

This is a scenario where the transaction's validation logic prevents successful tab caching. Since tab caching simulates clicking on each cached tab before the screen is displayed, you must be able to do the same manually without such an error message or other validation problem otherwise you cannot use the tab in caching.

I'm afraid there is not much you can do about this...

former_member213535
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas,

If I check the check boxes before control goes to the screen 1.png...

I tried by using option check in scripting...but script fails at that step.

Could you please tell me how to use CHECK option in scripting.

Thanks and regards,

S.Geetha.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The CHECK is just that, using the Check script action with the control ID of the checkbox.

How did you try to use scripting before tab caching happens?

former_member213535
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Tamas.

I just give a try. 

former_member213535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hii,

while go for f4 help a pop is coming showing that " the session timed out for your safety only--please login again".

Any sugesstions  please.....