Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read from Table T001

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement to create a pull down of all "plants" (locations) from T001. Is there a way to read that information "on the fly" or at least update it on a scheduled basis?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

this sounds like a pretty basic job with two passes (from custom "fromSAP" and to ID store). I would have thought you have created a lot of tasks and jobs that read tables from ABAP systems and write the result into the ID store.

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Nope, it's never been a requirement for me until now. 

Usually there's a bit of data that is required from the systems but it is usually all encompassed in a Spreadsheet that I read in.

Matt

jared_kobe
Participant
0 Kudos

Matt,

Steffi is correct. You'll just need to add these parameters to your Source tab:

ENTRYTYPE     TABLE

TABLE               <Table Name>

COLUMNS          *

NAMEFIELD     <Key Field>

I think that is all documented somewhere, but I had to dig for it.

Jared

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ooookay.

Well, to get the start for the pass, that reads the content from the ABAP table, you can create a job with the wizard and there choose "Jobs > SAP NetWeaver > ABAP Read Help Values" with the repository you want the data to be read from.

It will create a job with some passes that use the "fromSAP" pass type to read tables (e.g. "Address Salutation ReadTable: TSAD3"). Just take one of those passes and change it up to fit the T001 table and in the destination tab change to a appropriate table name of your choosing to save the data.

And then use this temp table for a second pass, a "to ID store" this time and fill whatever attribute you created to hold the data with it. 

Since it's a job you can just schedule it to refresh the temp table whenever you want or need it to.

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, and I will look into this!

It's seldom I go through a project and don't learn something

Matt

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't even tell you how psyched I am, that I could show you something new, Matt! I learned so much from you here, it is just great that I can finally repay a bit of that.

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steffi,

No one has the corner on knowledge, unless they share it!

If I can get through this next piece of work without pulling my hair out, I'll be working with what you and Jared have shown me.  I'm sure there will be more questions along the way!

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

or or anyone Else!

Any idea what the NAMEFIELD Value should be for T001?

Matt

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if that's mandatory(?).

(I don't think I used it in the example, I emailed you last year )

regards, Tero

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, that is the key field of the table. So for T001 is should probably be BUKRS.

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep, got it working. And as it turns out, we won't be reading from this table since it includes inactive entries.

At least I learned something new!

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Grrrreat! But I had something similar last week. Got something working... won't be needed. D'oh!

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The joys of development, I guess.

Answers (0)