Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iDoc Conversion on Java Application

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a method to convert flat iDocs to XML on a Java Application. The Java application can communicate with SAP ECC using the SAP JCo library, if it maybe a useful remark. While I am aware that writing a custom program/module can do the job, I was curious to learn standard options, which may exist in the SAP JCo library, that I am not aware of, which can be used for this purpose. An example will be the standard Adapter Module available in SAP PI to convert iDoc-XML and vice-versa.

I am also aware that the conversion can be handled in the Port settings on SAP ECC. I am willing to avoid using that option as we already have a connection with a port whose iDoc-iDoc-XML conversion is set to true. Although creating another port will serve the purpose, I am simply tyring to find out wht my other options are.

Any tips will be very helpful. Thank you.

Regards,

Srii

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

The standard module is available in adapter engine.

1. IDOCXmlToFlatConvertor – Converts Idoc xml file to Idoc flat text file
  2. IDOCFlatToXmlConvertor – Converts Idoc flat text file to Idoc xml file

refer the below blogs for more details

regards,

Harish

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Harish, Thanks for the pointers. The Application in use here is not SAP PI. Any tips on how these SAP PI specific modules can be used on a third-party Java application, if possible?

-

Srii

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I am not sure if you can retrieve the standard module, but please refer the below blog and you can get the standard adapter module jars from the adapter engine.

also there is one example java map in below blog which might help

regards,

Harish

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Harish, Thank you for that tip. It is certainly useful. I'll spend sometime on that blog.

--

Srii