cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How/where to by PowerBuilder 12.5/12.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I contacted SAP today to buy a PowerBuilder license and was told that it is removed from their price list and is not avaiable for sale to new customers. Only exisisting customers on PowerBuilder is able to buy licenses. Old customers from Sybase with an SAP service plan could also buy new licenses.
I am in urgent need of an license - does anyone know where I can buy it?

Message was edited by: Robert Nestor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn;

Try this:  Get PowerBuilder

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you, ordered today.

Best regards

Bjorn André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn;

Great .. thanks for the update!

I heard that the last day to purchase a PB License from Novalys is now March 25th.

Is that true?

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, that is what they told me.

Reg

BA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm - Interesting ... I wonder why and where we will go for licenses after that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe SAP will bring some shrink-wrapped specials to the May PB get-together

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

We will most likely continue selling PB after March, but for the moment we don't know from SAP under which conditions this will be. That's why our offers and discounts are currently valid until the end of March. We are currently working on getting better visibility on the long term...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe;

That is great news for the PB Community!

Thank you for the update.

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

March 25th has now passed. Are there any recent updates or clarifications anybody can give regarding one's ability to purchase PowerBuilder?

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes, we now have an agreement to continue selling PowerBuilder until - at least - the end of 2015. You can request trial copies and information on discounts on this site http://powerbuilder.eu/

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

G-r-e-a-t news Christophe!  

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We sell PowerBuilder, too.

http://www.powerpeople.de/186.0.html

As far as I know PB12.6 is available and will be sold.

Best regards,

Ludwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludwin;

Thanks for the information link.

However - they need to drop DataWindow.Net and EAServer from the list of products as DW.Net was decommissioned many years ago and EAS is EOL and almost out of support (end of 2015).

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludwin...

In Power People site there are some pages that are really old (PowerPeople.de: Enterprise, PowerPeople.de: DataWindow .NET ...)

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is right!

The shop is somewhat outdated.  Maybe because we don't make the most money by selleing PB 😉

But I will have it updated – hopefully soon.