Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager version Required to Download product NW 7.4

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was looking out for minimum Solution Manager version Required to generate XML stack for NW 7.4 upgrade.

Landscape Details:

I have Solman 7.0 EHP1 SPS 31 (Latest stack for this release) installed.

I have BW 7.0 which is to be upgraded to BI 7.4.

For long term usage, I am installing Solman 7.1 as such on new hardware. However, I want to start BW upgrade parallely and hence was looking out for answer that whether my current solman can be used to generate stack for BW 7.0 - BW 7.4 upgrade.

I tried MOPZ but I could only see NW 7.3 and not NW 7.4.

I also tried uploading latest XML as per note 1603103 but no success after that as well.

Maintenance Optimizer FAQ - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki strangely has no details against Netweaver 7.4 in Q 8.

Will appreciate any pointer.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per the 7.4 upgrade master Document

"Landscape verification is required to enable the Maintenance Optimizer to create a proper stack configuration XML file for the correct product constellation" for versions less than solution manager 7.1 SP5

You need to do this ( SAP Note 1468605 ) .

Whether this is the reason for MOPZ  not generating the stack.xml  i am not sure . But the above is the recommendation .

As you are in the latest sp level for your  solman ,RFC connections are fine and also implemented  SAP Note 1603103     dont find any other reason other than the above

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thanks for your response.

You are correct to point out need for Landscape verification to create "propoer" stack file.

However, I have problem that when I select upgrade option in MOPZ, on next page I can see only NW 7.3 and NW 7.3 EHP1 in selection. I do not see NW 7.4.

I somehow think Landscape verification may not solve my problem as that seems required for next stage.(Though I will need into look this in more details.)

I have attached screen to provide clarity on my issue.

As you see, there is no NW 7.4 option.

So question is whatever I do(even apply addon and do Landscape verifiaction), will Solman 7.0 EHP1 SPS 31 will give me option of SAP NW 7.4 in above screen ?? or I must have Solman 7.1 for this ?

Regards.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The 'log' tab is of interest.

Could you please display the log tab of this transaction that you have in the screenshots?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check 2042063 . Dual stack system upgrade to Netweaver 7.4 based product versions is not supported, so Netweaver 7.4 and Netweaver 7.4 based product versions (EHP7 for ERP , CRM 7.03, etc) will not be offered by Maintenance Optimizer.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel Ariño,

You are correct !!

I have planned dual stack split as first task but currently it is dual stack system.

When I open log, I can see warning

"Dual Stack: Upgrade to NW 7.40 not possible. See note 1816819."

I was having doubt on Solman 7.0 EHP1 and could not locate any SAP document which mentions minimum Solman Level to generate stack of 7.4.

Do you have any such doc which clarifies this ?

Thanks a lot for sorting out this confusion.

Cheers!!

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been looking for a while for such a document in the MOpz documentation, but this seems to be an omission from every document I checked.

If I recall correctly, SP26 of Solution Manager works for Netweaver 7.4 upgrade. SP26 is currently the first non archived stack of Solution Manager 7.01 you can install from SP21 - SP22 (which don't support current MOPZ anyway). So, in practice, SP26 of Solution Manager 7.01 is probably the lowest obtainable stack level of Solution Manager with which you can operate with a Netweaver 7.4 system in MOPZ.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You are right , Even i am not sure whether implementing Landscape verification would solve your issue .

There is no particular requirement  as to  the release the solution manager should be in ( especially 7.01 31 ) , but as might already know it is not supported .

All that i can see here is that you havent missed to do anything as far as your release is concerned .

Why dont you raise a message with SAP and ask their suggestions

Thanks ,

Manu

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm your ST version ?

As per SAP Note 1887979 you dont require to import any corrections on your solution manger for MOPZ

Can you follow rest of the recommendations on the Note

Why not try the landscape planner  ( I have not used it yet for upgrades )

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thanks for your response.

I have ST 400 31 in Solman.So, as per note 1887979, no corrections are required. It seems note is not relevent to issue I am facing.

Also, Landscape planner seems more for defining and maintaining landscape. I have no issue is landscape as such.

I am looking out for information about minimum support package of solution manager required for generating stack file for BI 7.4

Thanks.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 SP31 is enough in theory for generating  an XML .

Are you trying to update a dual stack system? You might be warned that a dual stack split is necessary and then the Netweaver 7.4 will not be offered.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect.. i wrote the same notion however missed to post..