cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel and Payroll and customization receipts to receipts buffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to integrate travel and payroll.

I am aware of the configs involved for integration to payroll i.e. TRVPA followed by schema creation and the expense to wage type mappings etc..

However, I would like to know what are the steps or reports to run to transfer expenses to payroll?

i.e. Expense approved->Settlment->Posting to FI->Payroll run? or Expense approved->Settlment->Payroll run?

Is Posting to FI necessary, if yes, why? If no, why?

Also, what are the wage type characteristics required for the expense types?

Also, we have a requirement to import phone receipts sent by a telecom company into SAP? Can we input it into CCD format into the receipt buffer where by the credit card number is replaced by cell phone number and imported by some custom interface to put the receipt in receipt buffer?

Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Any input will be highly appreciated

Reg

Avi Pi!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

This is the following process normally we follow for Travel Mngt. However, it depends on client to client.

1. Create the travel request   (TRIP) (Request Recorded)

2. Approval of trip

3. Settlement of Trip data

4. FI Posting

Following points needs to be followed to transfer Expenses to Payroll:

1. Set up feature TRVPA for trip costs parameters

2. Assign Wage Types to Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts:   V_T706B4

3. WT to Symbolic Account Assignment for Financial Accounting:  V_T706K

Thanks'

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

And what if the process involves payroll?

What are the steps? Is posting to FI still required?

Will the below suffice.

2. Approval of trip

4. Payrun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

The integration of Travel Management and HR Payroll has to be set up in Customizing for Travel Management. In the feature TRVPA, you have to specify whether integration with Payroll is to be set up or not. Also, you have to check t-code PRT3; where you have to check HRP in the initial screen (Trip cost posting, Expense Accounts).

The settlement results can be prepared for posting to Financial Accounting in the HR system by starting the program RPCIPE00. It will create a document in HR which can be posted to FI. The travel expenses should first posted by HR to a clearing account in Financial Accounting.

Thanks'

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

I have read these steps in help.sap.com

But what i am unable to understand is whether posting is required or not! I am expecting clarity if the process is:

2. Approval of trip

4. Payrun

5. Posting payresults to FI

or

2. Approval of trip

4. Posting to FI

5. Payrun

6. Posting payresults to FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

It will be like below provided you have maintain Trip schema.

2. Approval of trip

4. Posting to FI

5. Payrun

6. Posting payresults to FI

Thanks'

Gautam

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

I can't fully answer this due to lack of functional knowledge, but from a mere technical perspective, you don't need the posting run for a Payroll Run including TRIP data. Let me elaborate: As you most probably know, the Payroll integration works via Schema *REI included in the main payroll schema. Within *REI the function ASREI is executed, i.e. FM ASREI is called and again within that FM, the table ROT from the PCL1-TE cluster is moved to table IT of the payroll. There are no checks against the trip's status (for example whether it has been posted yet) and there is no polling against table RUW either which is ultimately filled by the posting run.

Still, not doing a posting run or running the payroll before the posting run kind of feels unclean to me because the trip settlement and the posting run "prepare" the trip data for the payment/taxation (ROT and RUW).

Maybe somebody with better functional knowledge than me can give a sensible explanation. How it's considered "right" and put down some functional whys

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. Excellent question, IMO. I never really thought about this myself (probably because I'm too busy creating evil enhancements and such).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for trying Lukas!..:)

Would you be able to suggest a way then to technically do the below business requirement via Expense Management:

1. Client receives a file from a phone company containing details of cell phone usage.

2. Client pays the bill.

3. However, say the max limit for the employee is 100 usd. But the employee on one bill cycle uses 150 USD.

4. Client still pays the bill.

5. But it is expected that the employee submit an expense sheet highlighting how much is company paid and how much was a personal expense.

This expense is expected to appear automatically on create expense sheet and selecting a particularr trip provision variant say Non business travel expense..

6. 50 USD is expected to be deducted from the employees salary upon settlement.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a dedicated expense type for these phone bills? If yes you could poll on that expense type in an Enhancement / BADI / User Exit (I prefer FITR0003) and add a capping receipt (loosely translated from German... i.e. a receipt that has a negative amount to deduct stuff). However, this would be executed after the employee has sent his expense sheet and not beforehand. Would still be clean and easy to implement.

Cheers, Lukas