cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI / RFC to web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to expose a BAPI/RFC as a web service using web application server 6.3.

I have looked at all the available documentation, I think, but there is no mention of a direct step by step procedure to do this.

Can some one help me? If you look at many presentations for web applicatio server 6.3, they all say that it allows exposing BAPIs/RFCs/RFMs/IDOCs as web services. But I cannot find how.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

But how is it possible without "using web application server 6.3".

I have multi-critery search bapi and i would like to expose it as web service.

Thanks in advance.

Said

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is possible with 6.40 only and  for BAPI's and RFC. Other possibilities will follow. Also docs are under construction at the moment.

Sneak preview for this is currently worked on and will be available soon.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Benny, will be looking forward to 6.40 very eagerly. Any dates for the release that you know of?

But with 6.3, I think we can convert a BAPI/RFC into a so-called Java Proxy which can be generated as an EJB. Once that is done, probably, we can convert that EJB into a web service. Do you think that is a possible approach? Or, is that the suggested approach for now, without 6.4?

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, of course i know the planned date, but I won't tell you

BUT: you can be assured that it will happen in the second half of february. As always more concrete dates are under the risk of general software development...

The Java Proxies are not EJB's! Nevertheless 6.40 will allow to connect to BAPI's as webservices directly. Unfortunately the upcoming sneak preview again is java only. A complete WebAS preview is planned for summer.

If you really need to do it now, You could use proxies and access them from EJB. To make webservices from those EJB's is now a thirty second effort (and I don't joke about this).

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much again.

One last question....does this apply to RFMs/RFCs/IDOCs also?

Also, are there other ways we can expose BAPIs/RFMs/RFCs/IDOCs as web services?

Thanks again for all the help.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sure for RFC's but not so sure for RFM and  IDoc. But that may just be part of my legacy that I'm a java guy...

Most of the docs are already there on help.sap.com, so you may be able to find out yourself.

Regards,

Benny