cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error messgae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have implemented the BADI PARTNER_UPDATE..My requirement is getting an error message when an unauthorized user try to chnage the vendor data/info..for this a have just placed an error message as ""MESSAGE 'NO AUTHORIZATION FOR CHANGE' TYPE 'E'."" in the BADI Implementation for particluar users..

But it is going to short dump...and giving message as ""COMMIT-WORK processing must not be interrupted."""

Pls help..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There seems to be some problem with the code written in the BADI imlpementation.What is the requirement for which you have implemented this BADI?

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply!

I have implemented for method CHANGE_BEFORE_OUTBOUND

Code for that implementation

method IF_EX_PARTNER_UPDATE~CHANGE_BEFORE_OUTBOUND .

IF SY-UNAME = 'KOTAS'.

MESSAGE 'NO AUTHORIZATION FOR CHANGE' TYPE 'E'.

ENDIF.

endmethod.

Thats what i wrote..pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>This Error message in not applicable inside this BADI Implementation.</b>

Please read the BADI Documentation before making any code.

For your convenience, here it is ..

<u><b>BADI - PARTNER_UPDATE</b></u>

Use

The BAdI PARTNER_UPDATE will always be called when a business partner is created or changed.

The associated methods are called in the following sequence:

1. CHANGE_BEFORE_OUTBOUND
2. CHANGE_BEFORE_UPDATE
An implementation of the BAdIs is not recommended if you do not have sound knowledge of the buffer and posting logic of SAP Business Partner. It is worth noting that calling a form routine ON COMMIT (PERFORM ON COMMIT) leads to the termination NESTED PERFORM ON COMMIT.

Do not make the extensions to the data exchange of business partner using this BAdI implementation, instead, use the data exchange events in the Customizing of SAP Business Partner under Activate Function Modules.

Standard settings

The BAdI has the following characteristics:

Not filter-dependent
Standard implementation BUPA_OUTBOUND_CREATE available
Reusable

See also

Methods

BP Created or Changed but Not Sent
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP Created or Changed but Not Sent
--------------------------------------------------------------
Functionality

This method is called ON COMMIT LEVEL 1.

It does not have interface parameters.
Instead, the business partner data can be obtained using the CALLBACK function modules, such as:

BUPA_GENERAL_CALLBACK (for data from the table BUT000)
BUPA_BANK_CALLBACK (for data from the table BUT0BK)
An implementation of this method is called before the SAP implementation of this method CHANGE _BEFORE_UPDATE, meaning before the actual data exchange.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activate Function Modules
Use

In this IMG activity you activate the function module for data distribution.
Below you can find a description of which entries you must activate so that the central Business Partner data can be distributed using ALE or XI.

Note

If you want to distribute Business Partner extensions (e.g. FI or CRM data), or use another distribution technology than ALE or XI, other entries have to be activated accordingly.

Activities

Activate the following entries if you want to distribute data for Business Partner or Business Partner Relationships using ALE:

Event Object Function Module 
BPOUT BUPA BUPA_OUTBOUND_ALE_MAIN 
BPOUT BUPR BUPA_OUTBOUND_ALE_REL 

Activate the following entries if you want to distribute data for Business Partner or Business Partner Relationships using XI:

Event Object Function Module 
BPOUT BUPA BUPA_OUTBOUND_MAIN 
BPOUT BUPR BUPA_OUTBOUND_REL 
PXYIN BUPA BUPA_INBOUND 

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply!

But how can i achieve this requirement..as the unauthorized user cannot be have access to chnage the vendor info..

Is there any other alternative to achieve...pls help..

Thnaks once again..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to go for some other BADI to get this done.

Please explain the following points ->

1) What is the detailed process and the business requirement ?

2) How the BADI gets triggered in your case. ? Any specific transactions you are using ?

3) Why you need to display Error messages ? Errors shoul be appearing in the GUI or the Web page ?

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for u reply!

1)Only authorized users can chnage the vendor info/data.Other users can have only display mode.

2)I want the error message in ITS,when we enter the vendor number in ITS it will open all the details such as fax,mobile mailid etc..only authorized user should have access to chnage

3)Tcode im using is BBPMAININT and entering the Business Partner Data...

Is there any other BADI or method so that unauthorized user can have the vendor data only in the display...

when i keep break-point in BADI PARTNER_UPDATE with method CHANGE_BEFORE_OUTBOUND it is stopping before the when i click save NOT when i click on chnage/display button...Is there any BADI available so that i can stop the user at the display/chnage button itself...

Pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve the requirement by just giving specific roles for which the trascn 'BBPMAININT" can be executed and then just control the display/change mode thorugh authorisation. The foll are the roles under which you can see the trascn "BBPMAININT".

SAP_BBP_MULTI_ADMINISTRATOR mySAP SRM on an ExchangeAdministrator

SAP_BBP_STAL_ADMINISTRATOR mySAP SRM Administrator

SAP_BBP_STAL_PURCHASER mySAP SRM Professional Purchaser

SAP_BBP_STAL_PURCHASE_MANAGER mySAP SRM Purchasing Manager

SAP_BBP_STAL_STRAT_PURCHASER mySAP SRM Strategic Purchaser

SAP_EC_BBP_ADMINISTRATOR mySAP SRM Administrator

SAP_EC_BBP_PURCHASER mySAP SRM Purchaser

SAP_EC_BBP_ST_PURCHASER mySAP SRM Strategic Purchaser

I dont find any BADI whcih can be used for this.

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems some problem in your code. I guess, Error message is not allowed in this case.

Please share your code here for better understanding.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now with this code ...when user KOTAS went into vendor data with chnage mode and save it...a popup is coming as "NO AUTHORIZATION FOR CHNAGE" and after that when i click on back screen/initial screen it is going to dump...as "COMMIT-WORK processing must not be interrupted."

Thanks!