cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to know WM 6.2 with SMP 3.0 Benifits compare to Agentry 6.0.22.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All , We want to upgrade Aegntry Server from 6.0.22.0 to SMP 3.0 with 6.2 Workmanager . But Customer is asking what are the benefits they get if they upgrade. can you please provide suggestion for SMP 3.0 ,WM 6.2 ? Thanks & Regards , Kunal varaiya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Disadvantage of not doing the upgrade is simple. Agentry 6.0.X is out of service on May 2015. If you open a ticket on that version, you will get a standard response that states - your version is not supported. Of course there are options that a company can get to extend the support but you can ask the SAP AE about that.

With the disadvantage stated above, that will force all customers to upgrade to Work Manager 6.2 released in SMP 3.0.

There are other advantages but what I gave above is the key.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Push Notification was not working when I tried to run Work Manager 6.0 on top of Agentry server 6.0.X. Later I deployed Work Manager 6.0 on SMP 2.3 and it started working.

Same way you can also face these kind of issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Work Manager 6.0 wan't supported on Agentry 6.x but only on SMP 2.3.

This guide also talks about differences between Agentry 6.0 and SMP 3. SMP 3.0 and Agentry Integration Overview | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All , can you provide some suggestion in below message ? Platform upgrade is not a supported scenario even though technically it is possible. There is a tight coupling of platform version and App version which are supported. For example WM 5.3 was never officially tested with SMP 3.0; therefore this would not be a supported scenario. From a support perspective, SAP can only support what has been officially tested from a SAP standpoint. in this case , how we upgrade WM 5.3 application to WM 6.2 ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no Upgrade path from WM 5.3 to 6.2.  What you would need to do is install a fresh copy of Work Manager 6.2 and then re-implemented any changes that you have done into 5.3.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recently saw the mail (yesterday) to some of the partners and customers about upgrading to SMP 3.0. It is a preemptive type of reminder when Agentry 6.0.X will be on end of mainstream maintenance and move to customer specific maintenance (please review SAP note: 52505 on definition). This is somewhat good news for people upgrading as it gives you more breather room.  The date seem to be extended to July 31st 2015. Internally we know of May 2015 as the hard date. I am not sure if this is only on specific strategic customers or all customers as the list of this mail is for specific Syclo based customers (the To: in the mail is for X amount of named customers). Please review your company mail (or letter from SAP) to get the official extension date. For now after reading this mail, I am changing my statement above of May 2015 to this July 31st 2015. 

Note: The Agentry 6.0.X or Agentry 6.1.X technology is built-in SMP 3.0. From a stand-alone server it is now a library being sourced in SMP 3.0. There are differences of administration type of activities for people who are used to the old administration quirks or features of the stand-alone. We have some online docs available in SCN on specifying the differences or what to expect (Search using your favorite browser online "Agentry 6.0 SMP 3.0").

As my official guide on which one to use: Go for all the mobile products we released in SMP 3.0 (Like: Work Manager 6.1/6.2). Try not to start on projects this year that has Agentry 6.0.X or Agentry 6.1.X (ex: Work Manager 6.0). You want to be in Agentry 7.X (which is built-in SMP 3.0 - this will help you avoid any escalation why certain features are not available if you are using older versions). Each product delivery is different. Like Work Manager 6.1 will be different than Sales Manager 2.5.7. Read each installation document properly as they differ.

In summary: go for SMP 3.0 now. Make it part of your plan and scheduling. All our training is pushing SMP 3.0 to all Agentry 6.1 or Agentry 6.0.X customers.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen , Thanks for replay ... as you said we have to re-implemented everything for changes are available in WM 5.3 . But , i just found below link : http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01993.0302/doc/html/san13... as per link we can migrate Agentry Platform 6.0.22.0 application SMP 3.0 . is my understanding correct ? so in this case we no need to do re implementation of changes . can you provide some suggestion here ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can bring your application to SMP 3, but SAP will not support your application if you run into an issue.  This is because the application was built and tested on Agentry 6, and not the SMP platform.

To get support from Development if you run into an issue with your WM 5.3 on SMP 3, would be prove the issue can be seen on any application built on SMP 3, or prove the issue you are seeing in the application also, happens to to the application if it is running on Agentry 6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen ... this is really help me to make any conclusion . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have a look at this document to know about key feature of SAP WM 6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra , Good , can you provide some documents ? Like if we moved from Agentry to SMP Platform then what extra benefits get (Advantage and Disadvantage) . in provided link i can only find Business functionality provide by WM 6.2  . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

You can refer below link for more details.

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2014/09/19/what-s-new-in-agentry-for-smp-30-sp4

Regards,

Kaivan Shah