Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM user cannot update responsible resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

this is my problem:

i assigned a role responsible to a task and released it.

when the user edit the task can change all information except the responsible resource ( in order to assign itself to the task).

the user has the following roles :

SAP_BPR_PPM

SAP_CPR_MEMBER

SAP_CPR_RESOURCE_MANAGER

SAP_CPR_USER

SAP_CPR_USER

SAP_CPR_USER

SAP_XRPM_USER

may you help me? it is some role missing?

Attached the screen that the user sees.

thank you very much!

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

you said, that the user can change almost everything as he edits the task. But the attached screen shows almost every fields are not editable .  Did you attach the right screen?

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the user can change the status, add some notes and documents.

the only thing that he cannot do is change the description and put himself as Responsible resource.

the other users that we use in our test have ACO_SUPER authorization and so they can change everything (alse the tasks that are not under their responsability).

What I want is have the authorization directly in the project and not as ACO_SUPER.

thanks.

MG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariagrazia,

Did you tried giving Admin Authorization in Authorization Tab of Project ?

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

i gave him the Admin authorizatin in the task and it works!

but how I can set automatically this authorization?

thanks.

MG

Former Member
0 Kudos

For that you can either create new role with Default Authorization 'Admin' in below Configuration,

SAP Portfolio and Project Management=>Project Management=>Resource Management=> Basic Settings for Roles=>Define Role Types

Or you can Use any standard available role with Default Authorization 'Admin'.

Once done add users with that Role in Resource tab and voila!

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes but in both cases the user can admin all tasks in the project and not only the proper task.

it is true?

MG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes . In addition to task user will be admin at all project elements. If your Project Structure is same then you better create template with desired authorizations and use it.

Regards,

Alex

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just wondering, that the using 'Admin' of task level is sufficient. I expect the user has also some authorization of project header. Do you implemented the

DPR_TREE~ IF_EX_DPR_TREE~SWITCH_ROOT_AUTH_CHECK

Disable Authorization Check for Root and Parent Object

Back to your question. There is no standard function to set the 'Admin' of task level automatically. Defaultly it is 'Write' while you assign the role to the task.

If you want to enhance or modifiy it, go to CL_DPR_PARTICIPANT~ SET_TASKS_AUTHORITY

set the 'Default  Value' = 'Admin'  for  parameter 'IV_ACTIVITY'.

OR change the code

if iv_activity is initial.

lv_activity = cl_aco_constants=>sc_authorization_write.    " delete

lv_activity = cl_aco_constants=>sc_authorization_own.     " add

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunately this is not my requirement.

the template will be created only with the structure needed and with 'generic' role that will be converted by a custom program in specific roles with the staffing.

i think that the only solution is update with the same program also the 'Admin' role only in the task.

thank you very much anyway.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the user have 'write' authorization in authorization tab to the Task ? If yes then please change it to the 'Admin' and check.

Regards,

Alex