cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order to Billing Document copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've added a custom field ZPO in both Sales Order and Billing Document. Now I've implemented the user exit USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP so that when a new billing document is created in VF01 it takes the custom field value from the Sales Order. But the problem is this exit is triggered only during billing document creation. I want the value to be changed automatically in billing document when it's changed in Sales Order. Is there any way to do that?(may be user exit or BADI)

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sarif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm able to convince my customer that this is not required. Thanks all

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sarif,

I agree with Atul and SD.

But, can you think in below lines:

Sales order and bill created. Then user changes the text in sales order.

Could the user go to VF02, open and then save the billing document? By this, the text field will get updated with the latest value. You have to write the code in such a way that whenever bill is opened in change mode, this value will be fetched from the sales order.

TW

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarif,

Couple of questions:

Why you  are editing the sales order after invoicing.

Why you want to change invoice after posting ? When you will send the invoice to customer?

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

It's just a text field in header level of the sales order. So we are able to change it even after invoicing. Is there any way so that this change flows to the billing document?

Thanks,

Sarif

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarif,

As invoice is a legal document I believe you should not encourage  users to follow such process.Cant you ask the users to stop this practice.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarif,

Once invoice is created, any changes, not only custom text, made in Sales order cannot be flown to invoice.

Regards

SD